Where are kids allowed?

joreey85

I have booked a cruise on the Allure and will be taking my 11 year old daughter. I have looked over the daily activities guide, but I'm not seeing ages except for 18+ on some of the bars/dance areas at night. Would she be allowed to go with me to activities like daily trivia and bingo? I don't want to leave her in the kids' program all day, and I don't see us spending every waking moment at the pool. What are kids actually allowed to participate in outside of the kids' club? Thanks!

As long as you're not going into the Solarium (which is adult only), anything is fair game. I've taken my now 8 year old to trivia more than once, to bingo, to dance lessons. Matter of fact, I was glad to have her at trivia because it was cartoon theme songs.

That's right...the Solarium is 16 and over...and there may be some "late night adult" shows, where an 11 year old shouldn't be....simply because of the material.

Keep in mind regarding the Solarium, in the event of rain or otherwise inclement weather, making the use of the outdoor pools unsafe or impractical, the ship may in its discretion open up the Solarium to folks of all ages. It may not happen often, but we have seen it occur on more than one occasion.

Michael

Keep in mind regarding the Solarium, in the event of rain or otherwise inclement weather, making the use of the outdoor pools unsafe or impractical, the ship may in its discretion open up the Solarium to folks of all ages. It may not happen often, but we have seen it occur on more than one occasion.

Michael

But not all Solariums are covered. ;)

Michael

OP asked about the Allure. I don't think that would happen on the Allure as the solarium is open; not a retractable roof.

My 8 year old loved going to Bingo. On Harmony (not sure if it's on all ships), they gave kids a free "kid's pack" of cards. It was a single card for each of the games being played that day. The only rule is that the parent has to call out Bingo! rather than the child doing so...and the parent gets the money. Of course, you can always give the money to your child once you've collected it.