Pics/info about G Category Obstructed View (Forward) Ocean-view Cabin on Harmony

cubalinda

Hi there. I'm looking for some help with some more personal information and ideally pictures about the type of cabin I have booked on Harmony of the Seas.

I can only find 1 small dark picture online that seemingly reflects the features/configuration of my cabin #9102 which is a "G Category (Obstructed view) Ocean-view cabin" that is at the very forward part of the ship.

I have tried looking this up and can only find pics/info from cabins on Allure or Oasis and I do know the cabin style/lay-out has changed on Harmony of the Seas. (plus personal experiences are much preferred vs RCL info)

If someone can chime in with their experiences/information/comments and hopefully pictures of such a cabin I would really appreciate it. It doesn't have to be cabin 9102, but anything located forward in the same category from deck 7 up would be very helpful.

Supposedly the outer wall is slanted to reflect the angle of the front of the cabins at the front of the ship. Does this pose a problem? How about light?

Being so far forward do you feel any more motion? Any noise from bow thrusters? (or would that be minimized by me being on deck 9?)

I heard that the Obstructed part means that I would be looking out over the helipad/bow of the ship and then out to the ocean. How was the view for you?

How was the size of the cabin for 2 people ? Usual features?

Unfortunately I had to take a connecting cabin. Does anyone know how much noisier this is compared to a non-connecting cabin?

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there. I'm looking for some help with some more personal information and ideally pictures about the type of cabin I have booked on Harmony of the Seas.

I can only find 1 small dark picture online that seemingly reflects the features/configuration of my cabin #9102 which is a "G Category (Obstructed view) Ocean-view cabin" that is at the very forward part of the ship.

I have tried looking this up and can only find pics/info from cabins on Allure or Oasis and I do know the cabin style/lay-out has changed on Harmony of the Seas. (plus personal experiences are much preferred vs RCL info)

If someone can chime in with their experiences/information/comments and hopefully pictures of such a cabin I would really appreciate it. It doesn't have to be cabin 9102, but anything located forward in the same category from deck 7 up would be very helpful.

Supposedly the outer wall is slanted to reflect the angle of the front of the cabins at the front of the ship. Does this pose a problem? How about light?

Being so far forward do you feel any more motion? Any noise from bow thrusters? (or would that be minimized by me being on deck 9?)

I heard that the Obstructed part means that I would be looking out over the helipad/bow of the ship and then out to the ocean. How was the view for you?

How was the size of the cabin for 2 people ? Usual features?

Unfortunately I had to take a connecting cabin. Does anyone know how much noisier this is compared to a non-connecting cabin?

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Just off Harmony. Here's a picture taken from the helipad. Windows in forward facing cabins are square and you can see some of them below...........along with Capt Gus. [emoji1]

e4ca2d8a6781f04d2358d0d91f1d48df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We were on one of these cabins on Oasis deck 7 (booked 2 weeks out). We loved the cabin. It is set up like a regular cabin but there is probably an extra 10 ft by 5 feet floor space (maybe more) to account for the slant. No furniture there, but it does give a roomier feel. And with the huge window, almost floor to ceiling, no complaints. The obstruction is you can't really see the ocean, especially on deck 7. Nobody was allowed on the helipad, that was not a problem. There was an invite only sailaway party from one of the ports that we were invited to. Not sure if we would have qualified except that we were in that cabin. We were platinum.

OooIt was extremely quiet which is one of the things we look for in a cabin.

No motion, but we were on a western itinerary.

It is a long walk to the stairs/ elevator. We ate most breakfasts and lunches in the solarium restaurant which is on the forward part of the ship. Also by the staircase to the Park Cafe. Did a lot of walking, did not gain a pound on this cruise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I was in 7100 on Harmony back in November (first full Caribbean sailing). If I can figure out how to post a photo of what the room looked like, I'll do so.

It was actually quite roomy (twice the size of a hotel room I had in Tokyo last spring!) with the slant - a good 6 or 7 feet of floor space thanks to the slant. It's not super useable space but nice to feel less closed in. And the window is huge!

Space for two people was fine. It was my first cruise so I don't have a point of reference, but I cruised with my mother who had done several cruises in the past, and she was quite pleased with the size and set up of the room.

Motion wasn't any different in that spot than any other spot on the ship. But we sure heard and felt the thrusters (??) early in the mornings when the ship was docking at our ports. (as annoying as it was, in got us up early so we would get more out of our day!)

The view of the ocean from 7100 was more or less a sliver of the horizon in the distance. We did, however, get some interesting views of staff who would go out to the helipad on their break. ;)

No idea on the connecting cabin as ours was not a connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in one of these rooms on Allure... overall we liked it.... it was larger, more room because of the angles wall. Closing the curtains at night did not bother us at all. I'm not sure why they call it obstructed... other than it may be because they do not want the curtains open at night. We did some when the lighting was low in the cabin.

If I would think of drawbacks for these cabins it would be 2 things... #1, You can hear and feel the bow thrusters when entering and leaving ports... there is quite the vibration and noise. I only mention this because most of noise is of early mornings when docking... #2.... it is a long walk to to the elevators but that didn't really bother us, but it does take a few minutes to get to the Aqua Theater, for example.

View out of 7100:

c7a642fd80408a34d6b454c64773337a.jpg

A couple shots showing more of the cabin:

56d520472eba97c85a7127a8f9a804ff.jpg

e07a59fb7df7221677ad5cddea01df99.jpg

And the View we had when we made a pit stop at the room late one afternoon:

6806bfca57c984d79a826bd9c87f35de.jpg

(They were followed by several more staff who went out there to catch some rays)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks to all who have replied with info (and some helpful pics too). As said, I will be on deck 9, so I hope that the view might be a bit more open and a bit higher up (less level with the helipad).

We are the 4th cabin from the left (port) side. Do you think I might get a sliver more of a view of the water?

The noise/vibration of the bow thrusters will unfortunately be a frustration for my travel friend; I'm ok getting up early on port days.

Why may I ask, did you have to close your cabin curtains at night? Was it a distraction for ship's navigation?

By the deck plan map it looks like not that long of a distance to the forward elevators. Is that true?

I realize that it is far to the venues in the aft section of the ship. What was your best route to the Windjammer for instance, as I need to be up early each day to eat for port excursions and also getting to deck 15 poolside to secure a chair.

With the split bed by the window configuration was there a problem with space for the person closest to the window? (did you have to bend over when getting in/out of the bed with the slant?)

Thanks again, and hope to get answers to these further questions.

I don't remember any noise and I was on deck 7. That is our main consideration when choosing a cabin.

Don't remember being told to close curtains, but we like dark to sleep.

The area with curtain is extra space. You do not have to bend to use the regular furniture. If you want to sit and look out window, pull over the chair. Our cabin had the couch closer to windows.

My first thought when I saw that picture was that it was a terrible picture (unless there is a big difference between the cabins in Oasis from Harmony). The picture makes the room look smaller then it is.

There are tons of places to eat on ship including a good selection in the solarium. One of the free grab and go eating venues on the promenade is also by the forward elevators and steps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app