Lobster night

willcruiseanythyme

Where we live,2 frozen 4oz lobster tails go for around $18.00 so yes, I look forward to them on a cruise. No matter what kind of lobster they are. It is a treat for me.

Laura

Same here. This "peasant" loves lobster night. I do, however, appreciate all the upper crust that find it unworthy, as it leaves more for us While I'm sure the cold water lobster are grand, I'm happy to be getting the lowly Bahamian lobster. Also glad to no longer have to eat my lobster, dripping in butter while wearing a formal gown.

I agree. I've been to England several times, I especially love London, to me it's the best city in the world to visit. Being a tea drinker I love going into restaurants and cafes and being offered a nice cuppa, the way they ask if you would like coffee here in the US. The food in London is amazing as well. Looks like our 2018 vacation might very well be a trip to London!

This year it's our other favorite destination - Bermuda.

Agree it's a great city to visit as there's so much to do and it has such amazing history.

The coffee shop industry has boomed in the UK in recent years. We've seen literally thousands of coffee shops and chains spring up and do well so we're catching up very quickly.

Bermuda is still on my bucket list. Enjoy. :)

Same here. This "peasant" loves lobster night. I do, however, appreciate all the upper crust that find it unworthy, as it leaves more for us While I'm sure the cold water lobster are grand, I'm happy to be getting the lowly Bahamian lobster. Also glad to no longer have to eat my lobster, dripping in butter while wearing a formal gown.

There's no doubt the cold water version has more flavour. And it's a lot more fun to demolish a whole one complete with claws. But the warm water lobster is still perfectly edible. I enjoy eating them too. You can keep your formal gown, but lots of butter for me please...

For us Lobster is not something we eat outside a cruise. Well maybe on a rare occasion, but that would be lucky if it was even an annual event for us, thus for us, it is nice and a treat to get a 'good' lobster. Similar is escargot for us. Not to go far a field, we also love to try lamb on board.

Our first cruise, Royal on Sovereign in 1998, we had lychees, a fruit and it was fun to try things we don't see/enjoy otherwise. I remember this as in 1999 we took our kids and they had them still and we got our kids to try them.

Not sure of some of the fish dishes I have been reading about in BLU though.

As to OP question, we have always found the Lobster or Seafood Medley is the second or last formal/chic evening.