Lobster night

willcruiseanythyme

Check the menu outside the MDR at lunchtime for confirmation. Sometimes on a longer cruise it is the third chic night. I know they are only supposed to have two but sometimes they have three to coincide with the production plays

I was there last week nd yes the 2nd evening chic night which is the 2nd last night of the cruise. Ours was the Labadee day

It is not real lobster .. just the warm water thing . I didn't bother ordering it because I live where we fish true cold water lobster. The beef wellington the same night is much better

I was there last week nd yes the 2nd evening chic night which is the 2nd last night of the cruise. Ours was the Labadee day

It is not real lobster .. just the warm water thing . I didn't bother ordering it because I live where we fish true cold water lobster. The beef wellington the same night is much better

Exactly if it is not cold water it is not the same IMO :)

I do have to agree.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Agreed!!!

Jeez people. What's wrong with someone liking lobster? (Regardless of which variety). The OP was just wondering which evening. Not "real" lobster? Right. [emoji849]. I personally look forward to the evening when lobster is served.

The beef Wellington sounds good too.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the Summit last month. My waiter suggested to me that I might like both the lobster tail and beef wellington. I just had the lobster tail. It was the best I have had on any cruise. The waiter gladly brought me a second one - which was just as delicious as the first!

Jeez people. What's wrong with someone liking lobster? (Regardless of which variety). The OP was just wondering which evening. Not "real" lobster? Right. [emoji849]. I personally look forward to the evening when lobster is served.

The beef Wellington sounds good too.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely "to each his own" , however, it is very disappointing if one is expecting Atlantic lobster, to have Bahamian lobster. It's good to have all the facts ahead of time to avoid disappointment throughout the cruise.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Some interesting lobster history: Prior to the mid-19th century, lobster was considered a mark of poverty or as a food for indentured servants or lower members of society in Maine, Massachusetts, and the Canadian Maritimes, and servants specified in employment agreements that they would not eat lobster more than twice per week.[31] Lobster was also commonly served in prisons, much to the displeasure of inmates.[32] American lobster was initially deemed worthy only of being used as fertilizer or fish bait, and until well into the 20th century, it was not viewed as more than a low-priced canned staple food.

Some interesting lobster history: Prior to the mid-19th century, lobster was considered a mark of poverty or as a food for indentured servants or lower members of society in Maine, Massachusetts, and the Canadian Maritimes, and servants specified in employment agreements that they would not eat lobster more than twice per week.[31] Lobster was also commonly served in prisons, much to the displeasure of inmates.[32] American lobster was initially deemed worthy only of being used as fertilizer or fish bait, and until well into the 20th century, it was not viewed as more than a low-priced canned staple food.

True . My husband grew up in a poor fishing community in Nova Scotia and they had to take lobster in their lunch pails to school. Any chance he got he would trade for peanut butter. Don't try to take his lobster way now though.. you might lose you had..lol

A little while back someone on this board said Celebrity was trying out some extra surcharge items on their ship's MDR menu. One of the items was Nova Scotia lobster for $25. Does anyone know the status of this offering? Has anyone tried it?