Do they have weight limits on slides?

carmel

I'm notoriously bad at finding info on the actual RCCL site. It looks like there is a 300lbs weight limit on one of the slides but I thought I had read all slides have weight limits. If so, do anyone know what they are?

Thanks!

Depends on the ship and the slide.

I've seen as low as 220 lbs reported. There might be some with lower limits than that though.

I guess it would help if I told you the name of my ship LOL. (DUH). Totally thought I posted that.

It is Adventure of the Seas. Thanks!

I guess it would help if I told you the name of my ship LOL. (DUH). Totally thought I posted that.

LOL. No worries, it's a good general question. :o

Adventure I happen to know from a recent review is 220 for one and 260 from the other.

LOL. No worries, it's a good general question. :o

Adventure I happen to know from a recent review is 220 for one and 260 from the other.

Wow - 220 seems quite low. That is like a successful trip to the buffet.

I found this on the RCCL website under Adventure of the Seas. If I'm reading this correctly, It looks like the waterslides weight limit is 300lbs. Anyone else reading it like this? This seams more reasonable.

NEW

Dual Racer Waterslides, Cyclone and Typhoon

-Minimum Height: 48 inches

-Maximum Individual Rider Weight: 300 lbs

NEW

FlowRider

NEW

Two Story Golf Course

Rock-climbing wall

Ice-skating rink

Basketball court

The weight limits have more to do with their ability to safely perform a rescue than the structural capacity of the ride.

For example the North Star can lift many tons but if it gets stuck in the up position, the swarm of workers need to be able to recue each guest using a method other than shouting "Jump!":D

Just on Adventure of the seas. Everyone was weighed in and given a wristband. I weighed in at 224 which on my 6'3" frame is getting heavy but not huge meant I could only use one of the 2 slides. Earlier poster correct, 220 and 260 not 300

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 11 months later...
Just on Adventure of the seas. Everyone was weighed in and given a wristband. I weighed in at 224 which on my 6'3" frame is getting heavy but not huge meant I could only use one of the 2 slides. Earlier poster correct, 220 and 260 not 300

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So, I'm curious about the weigh in. I'm about the same size as you are in height and weight and cruise in May. I work out somewhat often and probably can drop down a little to get below the limit fairly easily. But, I also always gain weight on the cruise through the week because I love food lol. Are you weighed every time you ride or is it just a one time thing?

I believe Adventure was 250lbs. I was 226 when I was on it.

• 4 weeks later...
On Liberty slide I kept getting stuck and I only way 110lbs:eek: I thought they might have to come get me!

Responding to an old post, but the trick here is.....try to ride on your heels and elbows, and arch your back. Much less friction with the slide -- especially if you're wearing a shirt, full top or rashguard -- and you'll go plenty fast.