Sabor - Something wrong????

Sabor was by far our favorite place to eat on the Oasis! We ate at Giovanni's, Chops and 150 Central Park and, in my opinion, Sabor was the best.

With that said, each time we went there it was pretty much dead. The second time we had dinner there it was just myself and my husband for a while, so I imagine that have more time to prepare the food more carefully.

If you go, try the stuffed jalapenos (really not that spicy) and the yucca fries with mango dipping sauce. YUM!

Ate the free guac and chips. Was great. Was similar to what we had at that popular Mexican restaurant at the ports. I'd try eating there but I am one of those that just enjoys the dining room. Why spend extra $$ ? If anything I might eat there for lunch.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

If you go, try the stuffed jalapenos (really not that spicy) and the yucca fries with mango dipping sauce. YUM!

THIS! These items were great!

I've been to Sabor on Navigator and Freedom and enjoyed it both times! I had the empanadas as my entrée on both ships and loved it. I think my sister got the tacos on Freedom and my son had the quesadilla. Both looked great! We also had the queso fundido as an app, along with the stuffed jalapenos and the yucca fries and loved them as well.

As has been said, the table side guac is great and they ask how spicy you want it.

On Navigator sis and I each ordered a margarita and then split a pitcher of red sangria that was wonderful. On Freedom I tried the white sangria. It was pretty good but a little dry if I recall correctly, but the ingredient list (Hendrick’s gin and Sauvignon Blanc prepared with avocado, honeydew, melon, cucumber, lime, cumin and green chiles) was so intriguing I HAD to try it.

We were truly stuffed by the time dessert came. I think both times we left a good amount of the dessert plate and that was even with us sharing it. By the time you have guac, an appetizer, an entrée, AND drink(s), the site of dessert can almost make you sad. LOL!!!

It's not traditional Mexican or even Tex-Mex. It's described as Modern Mexican and it really is a different take on some Mexican faves. So if you don't go in expecting typical Mexican food that you would find stateside, I think you'll REALLY enjoy it!

We were also on Navigator 1/29 to 2/3 and had dinner there on 1/4. First the guacamole used to be prepared table side and now it comes from the kichen. Despite allegations of fresh made, we are certain it was not and probably came from a large premade amount. Next, in previous Sabor visits when price fixed we could order a variety as long as only one maim entre: however, the numbers of allowed selections were severely limited. The fish tacos and burrito were virtually devoid of fish.The other dishes were OK but not of the memorable experiences we had before. The chips and salsa were the best of the entire dinner.The service was excellent. We might try Sabor again but with reluctance.

Loved Sabor and it's a la carte menu on Oasis class ships. The guacamole and the bacon wrapped chicken stuffed jalepinos are my favourites. A lot if food for a very reasonable price.

I agree. On Freedom for lunch they had a $25 price where you could try anything/everything. Last weekend I tried to dupllicate the CSJ and came pretty close.

We were also on Navigator 1/29 to 2/3 and had dinner there on 1/4. First the guacamole used to be prepared table side and now it comes from the kichen. Despite allegations of fresh made, we are certain it was not and probably came from a large premade amount. Next, in previous Sabor visits when price fixed we could order a variety as long as only one maim entre: however, the numbers of allowed selections were severely limited. The fish tacos and burrito were virtually devoid of fish.The other dishes were OK but not of the memorable experiences we had before. The chips and salsa were the best of the entire dinner.The service was excellent. We might try Sabor again but with reluctance.

I actually asked about the guacamole since the menu still says table side and I was completely thrown off by the crappy service despite the empty restaurant. The waiter said it's because of food safety/hygiene - apparently they were advised that they have to prepare it in the back now due to the fact that the ingredients on the cart were exposed to people talking over them, coughing, etc.

He DID ask how spicy we wanted the guacamole and we said mild. He said "okay I'll put the peppers on the side" - and that's how it came. Who knows if it was made to order or not though. I also didn't find it to be all that great - there was WAY too much cilantro for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I actually asked about the guacamole since the menu still says table side and I was completely thrown off by the crappy service despite the empty restaurant. The waiter said it's because of food safety/hygiene - apparently they were advised that they have to prepare it in the back now due to the fact that the ingredients on the cart were exposed to people talking over them, coughing, etc.

He DID ask how spicy we wanted the guacamole and we said mild. He said "okay I'll put the peppers on the side" - and that's how it came. Who knows if it was made to order or not though. I also didn't find it to be all that great - there was WAY too much cilantro for my liking.

Oh that's so disappointing! Likely a valid reason but still - so disappointing!!! I'm pretty sure one of the reasons I enjoyed the Guac there was because of the tableside prep / feedback on ingrediants. I have never eaten it anywhere else and enjoyed it!!

We really like Sabor...we ended up eating there three times on our last Liberty cruise.[emoji15] We were disappointed in the new Giovanni's Table menu, and opted for a third time in Sabor instead of a return to GT.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We like Sabor :). DH loves their guacamole! We might eat there on Harmony for lunch, if we tire of the free lunch options. DH also loves Johnny Rockets, so I'll probably go there with him, just cuz I love him :)

Edit- wait, maybe it was Rita's Cantina we ate at? It was on Allure 4 years ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We ate in Sabor on Oasis last April. I was so excited to try it as I love Mexican food!

It ended up being our worst meal on the ship. Not only did we dislike the food but we also had terrible service. Our order came out wrong not once, but twice and there were probably only 4 other tables in the entire restaurant. It was such a disappointment.