Baby in diapers in the pool - Would you say something?

HawksFan74

Not very likely, as the chlorine levels in the pools (2-5ppm) and hot tubs (8-10ppm), along with the continuous monitoring and dosing achieving a maximum contact time for the chlorine to work makes any virus or bacteria living in the pool water unlikely. Remember, the regulations are set by the USPH, which is a department of the CDC, the world's most respected center for control of infectious diseases. CDC surveyed a few hundred public pools in the US and found that 80% of them would be shut down if they were under the USPH requirements.

They're not suppose to dump waste into the water either. ;p

Chengkp75. This post is a little late. I take exception with your statement that the CDC is the parent organization of the USPHS. My husband retired from OHS with 31 years of service and he had never heard of that either. The Surgeon General does not report to CDC but instead to Asst Secty of Health. Commissioned officers of PHS can be assigned to CDC as well as a few other agencies as my husband was. It is just another health agency, like PHS is, under HHS.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Chengkp75. This post is a little late. I take exception with your statement that the CDC is the parent organization of the USPHS. My husband retired from OHS with 31 years of service and he had never heard of that either. The Surgeon General does not report to CDC but instead to Asst Secty of Health. Commissioned officers of PHS can be assigned to CDC as well as a few other agencies as my husband was. It is just another health agency, like PHS is, under HHS.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just going by what I was told by USPH inspectors at their VSP training classes.

I do the same thing. Now what would do if the baby was there??

Tony

In the past they used to have a sign at the adult pool that read "children were allowed" as long as they were with their parents but recently it's been clarified to say "NO CHILDREN ALLOWED".

There's no doubt that I would report them no matter what their age. In diapers or not.

I cruise to get away from them (as much as possible), not with them.