Have you ever seen price drop closer to date

bklynfinest77

I have a friend that would like to join us on our cruise but the price are sky high now ... we are cruising in 3 weeks ... have anyone ever seen price drop closer to the date??? Right now a inside cabin is more then What I paid for my haven suite it just crazy!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I don't remember which cruise I was looking at but the inside cabins were as much as the haven. I was curious so I did a mock booking for an inside cabin. The inside cabin said "sold out." The only thing available was haven.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

I have a friend that would like to join us on our cruise but the price are sky high now ... we are cruising in 3 weeks ... have anyone ever seen price drop closer to the date??? Right now a inside cabin is more then What I paid for my haven suite it just crazy!!

I bought a Bermuda cruise late on a Thursday Night when I noticed the price was cut in half for the next morning's sailing.

prices can drop last minute but not always. I am sailing feb 25 and mar 4 on the escape and have not booked yet cause of the crazy prices. I have been watching prices for weeks and several sailings dropped in price on the monday or tuesday before the sailing however this past week it didnt drop at all. It depends how many cabins are left i would assume. I figure it may or may not drop for me but seeing as how it is so expensive i may as well wait and see what happens. I am traveling solo so it is always more expensive for me. Often in sept and october prices can really drop but i would assume winter months the chances are less as everyone wants to get out of the cold. Good luck, hope it works out.

I get some excellent last minute bargains, BUT you have to be flexible, able to make fast decisions and accepting of NOT going. :) I've been traveling solo and NCL has been the winner overall. I picked up 9 cruises last year- no single supplements on any of them. One booking was during the afternoon, and I left the next morning. They've been in the week prior range.

It is ALL about supply and demand.

I'd suggest checking multiple times per day. Rates change all the time, so, it's possible? Is inventory showing in all the categories? Better chances if it is.

No haven sold out balcony and minisuite is basically sold out.. so.i guess chances are going to be low .. ugh

So my friends was able to get on .. the price dropped from 900pp to 399pp for a inside gureetene room they are so excited we didn't expect it to drop that low it went from 900pp to 899 to 649 to 399pp crazy I guess they are trying to sell the last of their rooms

It depends on how many unbooked cabins there are inside 30 days and that depends on what time of the year the cruise is. And right now is not the right time of year for a plethora of unbooked cabins. If they have any cabins the week of the sailing, the price and/or single supplement will drop and those cabins will be snapped up fast.

So my friends was able to get on .. the price dropped from 900pp to 399pp for a inside gureetene room they are so excited we didn't expect it to drop that low it went from 900pp to 899 to 649 to 399pp crazy I guess they are trying to sell the last of their rooms

Ye Haw, I love a happy ending.

I've seen them go up, go down, stay the same, and run out of cabins. Anything is possible.

Being that I live less than an hour from the port, I go on the NCL website a lot. There have been many times I've seen prices drop within 7 days and also may times it jumps up super high or be totally sold out. It's just a risk to wait if your friend really wants to come. You will never know the outcome until you wait.

More than likely, the people who had inside cabins, got upgraded. Therefore, the inside cabins became available, and NCL kept lowering the price.

Not to get your hopes up, but your friends may even get upgraded. Guaranteed Inside guarantees an inside cabin, or higher.

More than likely, the people who had inside cabins, got upgraded. Therefore, the inside cabins became available, and NCL kept lowering the price.

Not to get your hopes up, but your friends may even get upgraded. Guaranteed Inside guarantees an inside cabin, or higher.

Wow good to know that would be nice if it happens for them

We are constantly checking. We are currently on a 7 day cruise to the Western Mediterranean. We booked on board and we started paying 2500 dollars each for a Balcony, yes very expensive but we wanted the free gratuities perk that was being offered at the time. As soon as my travel agent got the reservation she lowered another 1800 dollars . Yesterday we noticed that now for a Balcony is 849 dollars each, so we called her once again and VOILA price was lowered, we forfeited the free gratuities however we now have $350 dollars on board credit, excursion credit and Free WIFI, it always pays to keep checking on the price however this is before the final payment.:D