Freedom of the Seas from Port Everglades parking

laginog

We have cruised from Port Everglades many times. However, we have never driven & parked there on our own. We supposedly get free parking because we have hand controls on our van. We will have 2 mobility scooters with us. What is the best way to handle luggage & parking? Is the parking area far from the luggage drop off? There will be 7 of us including 3 children. Should we pull up & leave the luggage with the porters....and have 5 of us stay at the pier while others go drop off the van & come back with the scooters? Or all stay together? And afterwards.....if we get a porter, will he take the luggage to the parking area?

Thanks for the help! I'm flying blind with the parking involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have cruised from Port Everglades many times. However, we have never driven & parked there on our own. We supposedly get free parking because we have hand controls on our van. We will have 2 mobility scooters with us. What is the best way to handle luggage & parking? Is the parking area far from the luggage drop off? There will be 7 of us including 3 children. Should we pull up & leave the luggage with the porters....and have 5 of us stay at the pier while others go drop off the van & come back with the scooters? Or all stay together? And afterwards.....if we get a porter, will he take the luggage to the parking area?

Thanks for the help! I'm flying blind with the parking involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most of your questions should be ansered on the Port Everglades website: http://www.porteverglades.net in the parking and disembarkation sections. Check out the map too since it shows the parking areas once you know the terminal Freedom of the Seas will be departing from. If you don't know the terminal number yet, it will be posted in the ship schedule section 7 days in advance of embarkation.

I see from your roll call posts you are embarking on Sunday March 26. And as Allure of the Seas and Celebrity Silhouette are also in port that day (and Freedom is scheduled for 5 AM arrival) there is a good chance Freedom will be at Berth 29. Which is too far to walk from the parking garage; the port runs a shuttle from the Midport garage to #29 when it is in use. So you will definitely need to drop all the luggage and the two scooters at the ship before you park.

*And even if you are at Berth 26 instead, which is within walking distance of the garage, I think it strongly advisable to drop the scooters at the ship first in all cases; you will have to take them (separately) down the elevators and across heavy traffic to reach most any berth (except for 18 where Allure and Harmony dock).

*And even if you are at Berth 26 instead, which is within walking distance of the garage, I think it strongly advisable to drop the scooters at the ship first in all cases; you will have to take them (separately) down the elevators and across heavy traffic to reach most any berth (except for 18 where Allure and Harmony dock).

Oops that should be Berth 25 as the other possibility for Freedom (18 and 25 are the ones that default to RCI and X)