Warning!!! Do Not Order Room Service on Embarkation Day Prior to 6PM!!!

ChucktownSteve

We were tired on the 1/22 Eclipse Embarkation day and didn't feel like going to the MDR so at 5:20pm I placed an order on the in cabin room service. After all it said 24 hour service.

After I was done, I hit submit and the program told me it was accepted and that I would contacted for delivery. Well after two hours of waiting, I called guest relations. They called room service and told me they never received my order.

I got a call from the head of room service who explained that they don't turn their system on until 6pm on embarkation day. Thus they never received my order. I told him then the TV order system should have that notification and not say 24 hour service and that the order was accepted.

I got the impression he could really care less from his words and tone.

So I suggest you be cautious when ordering the first night or call to confirm they received your order otherwise you will be waiting a very long time for nothing. Lesson learned.

Why would you wait for two hours before contacting room service? I'm sure most passengers would not find themselves in the same position.

He's giving people a head's up. It's irrelevant how long he waited. The point is, don't order room service before 6pm. This is always good to know. I appreciate the info.

Michael

I've ordered room service before 6 pm on embarkation day countless times and never experienced an issue. Pizza pairs really well with Champagne [emoji3] It is most certainly open for business. Someone probably made an error and you were told a made up excuse. Disappointing; a simple apology would have been classier.

Hopefully the warning will help other people. Gotta agree that the system should tell folks when the ordering system is active and when it's not. It shouldn't accept any orders when they aren't being processed.

If the head of room service really doesn't care, then that's something that should be brought to the attention of Celebrity. Poor customer service IMO.

I've ordered room service before 6 pm on embarkation day countless times and never experienced an issue. Pizza pairs really well with Champagne [emoji3] It is most certainly open for business. Someone probably made an error and you were told a made up excuse. Disappointing; a simple apology would have been classier.

I can't speak for other ships but this was the Eclipse on January 22nd. It was the first time I ordered room service on embarkation day. Did you order on the Eclipse embarkation day?

I've found that experiences will differ ship by ship and also depending upon who the crew/senior staff are.

He's giving people a head's up. It's irrelevant how long he waited. The point is, don't order room service before 6pm. This is always good to know. I appreciate the info.

Michael

I am well aware of the message's intention. The writer simply is making far too much of it. Perhaps the order did not go through properly, perhaps the response from room service was not as it should be. Waiting 2 hours before taking any action is ridiculous. Get over it and get out of your cabin for some food or go to sleep and by the time you wake up breakfast will be served.

I am well aware of the message's intention. The writer simply is making far too much of it. Perhaps the order did not go through properly, perhaps the response from room service was not as it should be. Waiting 2 hours before taking any action is ridiculous. Get over it and get out of your cabin for some food or go to sleep and by the time you wake up breakfast will be served.

Wow, haters gotta hate. If we were THAT hungry, we would have gone out to get something to eat which we did after two hours. Maybe you should change the first part of your handle?

BTW for your edification, breakfast isn't served until two hours after I awaken.

Wow, haters gotta hate. If we were THAT hungry, we would have gone out to get something to eat which we did after two hours. Maybe you should change the first part of your handle?

BTW for your edification, breakfast isn't served until two hours after I awaken.

Thanks for the info Steve, since the dailies on the first day usually say that room service doesn't start until after the muster drill, its good to know yours didn't start until probably two hours later. Something to keep in mind, this is what the board is for.

What is wrong with some of the people on these boards??? The OP was simply passing on information that some cruisers may find helpful. If you don't want/need the heads-up, ignore the post. What is truly "ridiculous" is people being attacked, ridiculed, and or receiving unsolicited snarky advice for asking questions or posting FYIs in these forums. If you can't be helpful and respectful, step away from the keyboard please.

Thanks,

Really appreciate the information. We had thought of using room service more than usual on our next cruise (PH and me not very mobile)....

I think if we do use we will let the butler know as we order then he can chase it if necessary.

It would be nice to have this confirmed by X if a 6pm start on day 1 is standard as I can see several people either tired from long journeys, with small children....wanting to use.

• 2 weeks later...