Suite on front of ship??

Ok...so are you saying you really can't sit on the balcony while sailing if you are on the front of the ship??

I am sure you will get wind when cruising since you are on front but no more wind then being out on the open deck. I can't say for certain as we have never sailed in a Suite that is open near the fore section of the ship.

We are considering a suite on the very front of the serenade. Can someone tell me if there is a wind problem while sailing if we sit on the balcony. Thanks so much

Sorry, and perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but If you are referring to RCI Serenade of the Seas, there are no suites on the very front of the ship. The first suites are about 15 staterooms back from the front of the ship. And if you mean facing forward at the very front of the ships, none of those staterooms have balconies.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

we are sailing in an OS in December. third cabin from the far forward.

even in regular GSs that are not as forward the potential is there for banshee noises. that happened on our last cruise until the wind shifted.

Are you referring to RCI Serenade of the Seas? A bit confused with this as well as on Serenade the owners suites are all behind the midships elevator bank hump location. None are anywhere near the far forward as you describe. And all the GS's are forward of the hump and the OS's.:confused: Vision class ships have these suites forward as you describe.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Sorry, and perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but If you are referring to RCI Serenade of the Seas, there are no suites on the very front of the ship. The first suites are about 15 staterooms back from the front of the ship. And if you mean facing forward at the very front of the ships, none of those staterooms have balconies.

Actually there is. The Two Bedroom Family Suites are on deck 8 and on the front of the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually there is. The Two Bedroom Family Suites are on deck 8 and on the front of the ship.

Actually there is not. The Two Bedroom Suites on deck 7, 8 & 9 are on the far aft - very back - of the ship.

The Family Ocean View Staterooms - which have a separate bunk room - are what is on deck 7 & 8 in the very front of the ship. They are also not considered suite class staterooms. (We have stayed in these on Serenade).

Check the deck plans here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=08&shipCode=SR&shipProfile=1637&sailDate=1170213&hasNavigation=false

Actually there is not. The Two Bedroom Suites on deck 7, 8 & 9 are on the far aft - very back - of the ship.

The Family Ocean View Staterooms - which have a separate bunk room - are what is on deck 7 & 8 in the very front of the ship. They are also not considered suite class staterooms. (We have stayed in these on Serenade).

Check the deck plans here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=08&shipCode=SR&shipProfile=1637&sailDate=1170213&hasNavigation=false

Look, I am just reading the deck plans. Here is the picture of your link. It says they are Suites. I have never stayed in one.

96c90c7804a6d8cd0336e17ba8dd7ff8.jpg

Yeah...I'm sorry...I did go in another direction. Not looking at front suite cabins now. Just the GS 1032 and OS 1560.

Sorry for confusion.

Again, the GS are almost always occupied. If we thought there was a noise problem we and most others would not book them.

GS 1034 was fine. Besides, we had Gabriel, the best Stateroom Attendant we have ever had. He covered 1034 as well. He and his wife both work on the ship together.

Look, I am just reading the deck plans. Here is the picture of your link. It says they are Suites. I have never stayed in one.

96c90c7804a6d8cd0336e17ba8dd7ff8.jpg

Well you are not reading them correctly - the light blue staterooms at the front are the FOV. It does not say they are suites - it says they are family ocean view staterooms.

The darker blue key is the Two Bedroom Suites at the back. Scroll down all the way on the deck plan. Another confirmation is that there are no balconies directly on the front of the ship and the Two Bedroom Suite - which is on the back - by its description has a balcony.

...and we have stayed in them, so I believe from direct experience I am correct.

Well you are not reading them correctly - the light blue staterooms at the front are the FOV. It does not say they are suites - it says they are family ocean view staterooms.

The darker blue key is the Two Bedroom Suites at the back. Scroll down all the way on the deck plan. Another confirmation is that there are no balconies directly on the front of the ship and the Two Bedroom Suite - which is on the back - by its description has a balcony.

...and we have stayed in them, so I believe from direct experience I am correct.

I looked at a frontal picture of Serenade and you are correct as there are no balcony staterooms of any type. Only OV types. I have trouble seeing the difference in colors on the website.

I looked at a frontal picture of Serenade and you are correct as there are no balcony staterooms of any type. Only OV types. I have trouble seeing the difference in colors on the website.

Not a problem. I only wanted to be sure the information was correct for the OP. :)