Cruise Director Review

tx121

I'll echo what many others have said and say Graham Seymour and Richard Spacey are by far my favorites. Best team was Spacey and Jamie as AM...they were great together!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Too bad, as neither Graham nor Richard works for RC any more.

• 3 weeks later...
I just spent 67 nights with Steve Davis on the Radiance. I never got tired of him. So talented!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Typically I pay little attention to the CDs but on New Year's cruise on Vision he was impossible to miss:) What energy.

At the NYE party he was singing with the band and the Captain and his teenage daughter were belting out Mustang Sally and the like. My wife and I dubbed Steve "Son of Belushi", it was quite an evening:D:cool:

Honestly, up until the Majesty this last September I did not think that the CD's on Royal left much of an impression or were very good at all. Ricky was on the Majesty, and he reminded me of CD's that I do remember, and think are fantastic on Carnival, like Wee Jimmy and John Heald (When he was a CD) that made me laugh every time they said anything.

The one that I cannot stand is Jeff Arpin. He cannot even keep his "stories" straight on the morning show. :rolleyes:

Ricky Matthews was one of my least favorites. His Love & Marriage was embarrassing, in that he didn't conduct it the same way as other CDs, where the panelists are brought off-stage. He had them face back to back and made the entire show about himself, rather than the guests. I've never seen such a steady stream of people leaving a RCL show (except for the second half of CATS).

Best

1. Marc “Bing Bong” Walker

2. Graham Seymour

Haven’t had a “bad” one yet. My opinion is that a bad or average cruise director will have little no no impact on your cruise, and you may not even notice he’s there. A great cruise director however, takes an already good experience to the next level!

Ricky Matthews was one of my least favorites. His Love & Marriage was embarrassing, in that he didn't conduct it the same way as other CDs, where the panelists are brought off-stage. He had them face back to back and made the entire show about himself, rather than the guests. I've never seen such a steady stream of people leaving a RCL show (except for the second half of CATS).

How long ago was that? I've seen 3 of this L&M shows, and didn't see that. Maybe he was experimenting with some new. (New questions would be nice)

Best

1. Marc “Bing Bong” Walker

!

I hope to have him again, He was good, but the one cruise I had with him was his very last one on Majesty back in 2016 and he was obviously packed and ready to go home.

I know that I talk a lot about Abe being the best CD, but the below L&M show perfectly sums up why. I'm not sure how some of the other CD's would have handled these couples.

You know what? I just heart that RCI has a same sex couple on the game show :). I haven’t seen that before..: but awesome!!!

Favorite- Ricky Matthews. So fun!

Least favorite- can’t remember her name, but she was on Adventure and sounded like a Sophia Vergara. She was loud and annoying. Note, some would say I’m loud and annoying too, but she’s definitely worse than me ;)

The only problem I had with Ken Rush was he was so full of himself. Everything was a Ken Rush production.

I loved Ken... he said my favorite line ever, that my husband and I often quote- “I thought this was the line for the boo-Fay”. It was a story about people in the wrong, long line. We now say it if we witness super long lines :). I think he was our CD maybe 15 years ago?

I agree. From a gay perspective, I really appreciate that Abe let them participate, and they were really fun. Abe actually handled the difference really well and made a great deal of comedy out of it, especially with the bleeped out answer. I just can't imagine how a more conservative CD that I have had like Bobby Brown or John Blair would have dealt with this couple.

So, in all honesty, I just watched the first part of the video, but it was great :)

I loved Ken... he said my favorite line ever, that my husband and I often quote- “I thought this was the line for the boo-Fay”. It was a story about people in the wrong, long line. We now say it if we witness super long lines :). I think he was our CD maybe 15 years ago?

So... was discussing this thread with DH, and he insists that we had Ken on our first cruise, on Carnival... Did Ken work with Carnival first?

No - Ken is very much Loyal to Royal. Even if he did work for Carnival before hand, it would not have been in 1998 as they were launching the Vision Class and preparing to launch the Voyager Class, both of which Ken was involved with.

Hmmm, we must have had him on our first RC cruise...

I'll echo what many others have said and say Graham Seymour and Richard Spacey are by far my favorites. Best team was Spacey and Jamie as AM...they were great together!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree completely! those two were awesome together. I could tell that Jamie would be a great CD. I'd love to be on one of his sailings sometime.