Paying for excursions

Candy Apple 12

If you cancel before you're ON the ship, it will be refunded to the card you used to book it. If you cancel once you're on the ship, you will get a "credit" on your account for that amount.

It's not quite that straightforward

Refunds and Cancellation Fees

https://www.ncl.com/terms/shorex-dining-entertainment-spa

Most tours may be cancelled one day or more prior to sailing, any exceptions to this are noted in the tour descriptions on NCL.com. Tour cancellations which occur one day or more prior to sailing shall automatically receive a full refund on the credit card used to purchase such shore excursion tour, unless the tour has a more restrictive cancellation policy or unless a balance remains due to be paid on the guest’s reservation. In order to receive a full refund a guest must cancel their reservation on a shore excursion tour, one or more days prior to sailing. If a guest cancels a shore excursion tour reservation within the cut-off window (one day or more prior to sailing) a full refund shall be posted to the credit card used regardless of whether or not the individual who made the purchase is sailing. Please allow 7-10 business days for the credit to post to the credit card account. Shore excursion tours can be cancelled prior to the start of the sailing by contacting a Shore Excursion Agent at 1.866.625.1167.

In the instance that a tour cancellation is made by a guest outside of the cut-off date for such cancellations, the guest must request to cancel such shore excursion tour with the Shore Excursion Manager onboard. Once onboard, any refunds will be made to the onboard folio account of the Shore Excursion order contact person, not the original credit card used to secure the online order.*This applies even in the event that shore excursions were purchased as a gift by someone who is not sailing. In the instance that at the end of the sailing, any onboard credit remains unused at the end of your sailing, such credit shall be refunded via check in the name of the Shore Excursion order contact person. Payment of the refund check will be mailed following sailing to the individual listed as the Shore Excursion order contact person.

All tours cancelled by guests less than 48 hours prior to arrival in the port where the tour is scheduled to operate are non-refundable. Please note that certain tours, such as overland tours, customized tours and tours with theater performances or special events may be subject to different cancellation fees. Check with the Shore Excursion Desk for details. If a flight departure is cancelled due to weather by the flight company in conjunction with the Shore Excursion Manager, a full credit will be provided. You can cancel a tour by returning the tour ticket to the Shore Excursion Desk and advising the staff of the cancellation. Refunds will be credited to the guest's onboard account.

It should be noted that in the instance that an online booking for a shore excursion is made and a balance remains on guest’s reservation, payment made for the online booking shall be applied to the remaining balance on guest’s reservation. In the instance a guest requests to cancel a shore excursion reservation and a balance remains due on the guest’s reservation, the online booking refund will not be made to guest until full payment of the reservation is received.

It's not quite that straightforward

Refunds and Cancellation Fees

https://www.ncl.com/terms/shorex-dining-entertainment-spa

Most tours may be cancelled one day or more prior to sailing, any exceptions to this are noted in the tour descriptions on NCL.com. Tour cancellations which occur one day or more prior to sailing shall automatically receive a full refund on the credit card used to purchase such shore excursion tour, unless the tour has a more restrictive cancellation policy or unless a balance remains due to be paid on the guest’s reservation. In order to receive a full refund a guest must cancel their reservation on a shore excursion tour, one or more days prior to sailing. If a guest cancels a shore excursion tour reservation within the cut-off window (one day or more prior to sailing) a full refund shall be posted to the credit card used regardless of whether or not the individual who made the purchase is sailing. Please allow 7-10 business days for the credit to post to the credit card account. Shore excursion tours can be cancelled prior to the start of the sailing by contacting a Shore Excursion Agent at 1.866.625.1167.

In the instance that a tour cancellation is made by a guest outside of the cut-off date for such cancellations, the guest must request to cancel such shore excursion tour with the Shore Excursion Manager onboard. Once onboard, any refunds will be made to the onboard folio account of the Shore Excursion order contact person, not the original credit card used to secure the online order.*This applies even in the event that shore excursions were purchased as a gift by someone who is not sailing. In the instance that at the end of the sailing, any onboard credit remains unused at the end of your sailing, such credit shall be refunded via check in the name of the Shore Excursion order contact person. Payment of the refund check will be mailed following sailing to the individual listed as the Shore Excursion order contact person.

All tours cancelled by guests less than 48 hours prior to arrival in the port where the tour is scheduled to operate are non-refundable. Please note that certain tours, such as overland tours, customized tours and tours with theater performances or special events may be subject to different cancellation fees. Check with the Shore Excursion Desk for details. If a flight departure is cancelled due to weather by the flight company in conjunction with the Shore Excursion Manager, a full credit will be provided. You can cancel a tour by returning the tour ticket to the Shore Excursion Desk and advising the staff of the cancellation. Refunds will be credited to the guest's onboard account.

It should be noted that in the instance that an online booking for a shore excursion is made and a balance remains on guest’s reservation, payment made for the online booking shall be applied to the remaining balance on guest’s reservation. In the instance a guest requests to cancel a shore excursion reservation and a balance remains due on the guest’s reservation, the online booking refund will not be made to guest until full payment of the reservation is received.

Thank you! This is just what I was looking for!

I called and booked mine for a Jade sailing in June since I had the $50/cabin excursion credit. They said I would pay on board after the $50 was deducted. Didn't want me to pay when I booked them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, that promo requires that you not pay in advance. We just got back from a cruise with that promo, and had booked three excursions in advance. When we boarded, our on-board account showed the full charges for all three excursions. I was told that at the end of the cruise, the $50 per-excursion credit would be applied to our on-board account. It was, on the penultimate day of the cruise, but in pieces; two but not the third until much later, which left me wondering whether I was going to have to spend the last day down at Shorex or Guest Services over our bill. All the credits finally showed up (the iConcierge app was great for checking this), but imho it would have been better if they'd applied the credits as we took the excursions, and not left us wondering on the penultimate day of our cruise whether our account balance was going to be correct or not.

I wish that NCl would allow you to "Reserve" shorex and "Pay Before You Sail, Or Pay Later Onboard

You have the option to pay for shore excursions in advance of your cruise. If you wait, we will add the charges to your onboard account which is settled at the end of the cruise."

This is a new facility on another cruise line we use.