Sydney Australia

cruiseaholic78

I was also on that trip, we took a shuttle ferry to the ship from the Rocks/Circular Quay area. Piece of cake. That would be your best way to get from the ship to the tourist area, or vice versa. We stayed at the Marriott Harbour and walked to the shuttle ferry with our luggage. The boat company puts on a special route on the days there is a ship at White Bay.

Also keep in mind they might handle Sydney differently as a port stop as opposed to an embarkation. Is this a port stop or embarkation/disembarkation for you?

• 1 month later...
We did the Australia/New Zealand cruise in February 2015 departing from White Bay and at that time there were no shuttles, we hired a private car from our hotel to the terminal. I cannot tell you if things have changed. Enjoy you cruise!

We are considering this cruise for Jan. 2018. Would appreciate your feedback on what you thought of the itinerary.

Thanks ver much!

I too was on that Feb 2015 Sidney-Auckland cruise, and the itin was fabulous! The 2018 cruise is slightly different from our trip, but you'll still love it! Ours was a 16 day cruise that included Bay of Islands, NZ. We also went to Hobarts in Tasmania. I believe the one you're referencing goes to a different port.

I didn't realize the water taxi ran to the White Bay Terminal! We likewise stayed at the Marriott Circular Quay (great place to stay) and took a taxi over. The taxis was maybe $20-$25 and a 10 minute ride.

We spent a day on the water ferries riding all around the different harbors in the areas and got off at the farthest one and lingered and had lunch. Great day! Another day was on the HoHo all aroundthe sights of town, with an additional day to the Blue Mountains! Go early, plenty of neat things to do.

At White Bay Terminal, once you board the ship, customs didn't let us leave. We had planned on dropping our bags in the cabin around 2:00 and touring the area a bit more, but once on board, we were there until Melbourne.

The white bay ferry has now moved. No longer running from circular quay. You need to take it from barrangaroo. At a cost of $9 per person a Uber would be more economical and convenient if more than one person.

We are considering this cruise for Jan. 2018. Would appreciate your feedback on what you thought of the itinerary.

Thanks ver much!

We did the Sydney to Auckland cruise in February, 2016 on the Marina. We loved it! Ours was a 15 night cruise compared to the one you are considering which is 13 nights. We did not have an overnight in Melbourne. We had stops in Geelong, Hobart, Akaroa, Tauranga, and the Bay of Islands....I don't see those on your itinerary. I have also never been on the Regatta and not sure we would like it since we LOVE the Marina, and I am sure we would also love the sister ship, the Riviera.

Good day all,

Does anyone know if Oceania/Sydney port authority provide a shuttle from the White Bay terminal and if so where does it go to?

Rosalyn

We disembarked last Sunday from Sirena's 34 day circumnavigation of Australia in Sydney and there was no shuttle. We were warned that taxi's are limited and prebooked a van to the airport. At 8 AM there were a few taxi's waiting.

As mentioned above the ferries are not a good option and taxi's going to the White Bay port are not terribly expensive. Also, once boarded you are not permitted to leave the ship. Australian immigration and customs are very rigorous.

Enjoy, Robbie