Oceania Tahiti - any recent reviews?

caviargal

Is the ship in Moorea the day before?

If so and if you want to make that AF flight so badly, then perhaps leave on the last evening ferry from Moorea for PPT and spend the night in a hotel in PPT.

Is that worth it? Only you would know.

We are in Huahine the day before so still very close, 100 miles. The Air France flight is 8:25 and Oceania will book at 9:00. Is that 35 minutes going to be a deal breaker. Air France has premium economy which is pretty nice for $1850. Oceania is a charter, business is an additional $3800, no premium economy. Hubby is 6'4" and not getting any younger. 9 hours in a small coach seat is asking a lot. I can curl up anywhere but he is always so uncomfortable. The Air France flight is perfect except for 35 min. If we can't make the AF flight, I'll probably just upgrade him if O will let me split us.

Can you spend a night in Papeete then fly out early the next morning? We've stayed over a night a few times to get the right flight.

,,,provided that AF has a flight the next day. I do not believe that they have daily flights. As I do not know the dates in question I cannot check that myself.

• 6 months later...

In Raiatea :

Are there many tour operators available at the pier ?

Tours to a Motu in Tahaa or other suggestions ?

In Bora Bora :

Booked Patrick tour for the first day (land and lagoon tour).

Any suggestions for the next day ?

(are in port until 3pm)

In Raiatea :

Are there many tour operators available at the pier ?

Tours to a Motu in Tahaa or other suggestions ?

In Bora Bora :

Booked Patrick tour for the first day (land and lagoon tour).

Any suggestions for the next day ?

(are in port until 3pm)

We have toured with Reef Discovery twice previously on snorkel tours and been satisfied. We did Patrick’s and Reef in Bora Bora and loved them both.

In Raitea, we booked with Bruno’s who picked us up in Raitea and took us by boat to a Pearl Farm, swimming with the Black tip Reef sharks and then to Taha for a picnic lunch and coral garden drift snorkel. We enjoyed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yesterday in Raiatea,we just walked off the ship at 8,45 and booked a tour with Tyrone in the tourist information fir 9.30.It was $50 each to cruise up the river then he took us to one of the two stunning islands that we passed as we sailed in.We stayed there for hour and half.It was stunning.He will also take you to a pearl farm at 3.30pm for $30 instead of his usual $40 if you have done the river cruise.The boat he uses is plenty big enough.You may pass the folk who have booked for hundreds of dollars,looking miserable and packed in like sardines.

Great chap with tons of info.

Shops close at 5pm.All easy walkable from ship that is not a tender.

Jane

There you are again with exactly the advice I'm looking for... When you booked the Raiatea tour did you seek out Tyrone or was he a vendor on shore as you got off the Marina? Was there a Tourist information booth? Didn't totally understand your "fir 9.30" comment.

Did you pay in USD or CFP? During the port tours is there any need for CFP?

This sounds exactly like the type of activity we are looking for.

Thanks again.... We will have many more questions since we are Feb 25th same tour Feb 25th.

Jane

There you are again with exactly the advice I'm looking for... When you booked the Raiatea tour did you seek out Tyrone or was he a vendor on shore as you got off the Marina? Was there a Tourist information booth? Didn't totally understand your "fir 9.30" comment.

Did you pay in USD or CFP? During the port tours is there any need for CFP?

This sounds exactly like the type of activity we are looking for.

Thanks again.... We will have many more questions since we are Feb 25th same tour Feb 25th.

Hi.If you walk straight off the ship,right in front of you is tourist information,Go in and ask for Tyrone who does river cruises.

I meant ‘for’ 9.30am start.sorry.He also does one in the afternoon,but generally that’s when the weather is most rainiest.

We paid in dollars.

All the islands we went to took dollars.

I am intermittent on internet and we fly to LA this evening.I will be happy to help.

Hope you keep well.Even if you don’t get the gastro virus,it is still very miserable.

I cannot find much recent feedback or reviews on this itinerary.

We are booked on Marina next March, the 12 night cruise PPT-PPT. After a good amount of research we choose O over the PG as we wanted a larger ship with more amenities and dining options, as well as less susceptible to motion (which is an issue with the PG based on reviews I have read here and on other sites).

I know O's season in this part of the world is short, which is the main negative, as their sailing schedule is not during the best weather months.

We will be booking all excursions, transfers and hotels on our own.

Any feedback appreciated.

We did Valpo to Papeete with Oceania almost two years ago in February. Just terrific! Only were able to tender one of the two Easter Island days. But everything else from food to lectures to service was impeccable.

Will leave this May on a Sydney to LA long O cruise and will hit some of the same French Polynesia ports including overnight in Bora Bora. About eighteen of the 38 days will be "at sea." Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums