Msc divina ship activities

RNELL

I hope I am posting this on the forum site. I get a little confused if I am on the forum or board site. Anyway I wanted to know if msc divina has games etc. to keep you busy on days when you are at sea. My sister and I don't swim so we wanted to make sure there are a lot of other things to do. Is it better to go to the shows during the day or at night. Has anyone ever stayed in cabin 9009,

if so is it as nice and large as it looks. Are the 4 specialty restaurants package worth the money. Are there any quiet places on the ship other than the adults only deck. I recently read the 7 night cruises have a 70's night, I hope this true it sounds like fun, plus I get to buy a 70's costume, I would love that. If you have any more info. let me know. Since I am going in

June, I am a little concerned about it being to crowed to enjoy myself.

I hope I am posting this on the forum site. I get a little confused if I am on the forum or board site. Anyway I wanted to know if msc divina has games etc. to keep you busy on days when you are at sea. My sister and I don't swim so we wanted to make sure there are a lot of other things to do. Is it better to go to the shows during the day or at night. Has anyone ever stayed in cabin 9009,

if so is it as nice and large as it looks. Are the 4 specialty restaurants package worth the money. Are there any quiet places on the ship other than the adults only deck. I recently read the 7 night cruises have a 70's night, I hope this true it sounds like fun, plus I get to buy a 70's costume, I would love that. If you have any more info. let me know. Since I am going in

June, I am a little concerned about it being to crowed to enjoy myself.

Hello! We just completed our first back to back on the Divina, Jan.19 and Jan. 28, and we loved it! First time on MSC and first time on Divina.

There are lots of activities during the day, we like Trivia, and we played often. There are also many pool games and activities out by the pool. Once in a while they also show movies in the theater during the day. Most nights there are also movies under the stars.

As far as specialty restaurants, we went to Eataly, which we thought was just OK, and Galaxy, which was probably the most amazing restaurant we have ever been to! Galaxy is very beautiful and the food, especially the filet mignon is amazing, highly recommend!

There are three theme nights, and they announce them in the Daily Program along with suggestions as to what to wear. For Italian Night, they suggest any combination of red, green, and/or white, next is White Night, and finally Flower Glory night which they call 70's, but it seemed more 60's to me. Anyway, I wore a flower in my hair that night. Not everybody will dress as suggested, but we did, and it was a lot of fun.

We thought the entertainment in the theater was excellent (it is almost always at night, and not during the day). I even enjoyed my first ever opera experience! Almost every night there are classical musicians playing in the Reception Area, and they are very good. There is also a small library next to the Galaxy Restaurant, and on Boarding Day, I got a book which I enjoyed reading the whole cruise.

As far as quiet places, many days we walked through lounges that were completely empty, and very inviting.

Here's a tip: The Sports Bar has free lunch every day, and it a great option when the buffet is crowded. They are open on Boarding Day too.

There are crowds, but by going places at unusual times, you can avoid them. For example, go to the buffet when it first opens, or when it is about to change from breakfast to lunch, and there is much less crowding. Also, in the buffet, as others have said, go directly to the far aft area where there are always tables available, and many have a beautiful sea view.

Cabin 9009 looks huge on the deck plan! We had two aft balconies and were very impressed with how pretty they were.

Enjoy! We were so impressed with MSC and Divina that we booked the Seaside for Jan., 2018.

Just off the Divina today and would probably ask some questions as to what you like to do on sea days.

Divina is not an in your face American cruise line(which it turns out I like) and the nighttime activity is also lacking if you are maybe a little younger or need more stimulation.(I am an early riser so in bed early anyway)