Upgrade question

UKPete71

We purchased GTY veranda for an upcoming cruise and were assigned a 1C. If we wanted to upgrade to C3 would we have to pay the difference between price paid for the GTY veranda and C3 or difference between the 1C we've been assigned and the C3?

GTY veranda to C3 would mean it's not worth considering, the 1C price to C3 on the other hand...

Wait till a few weeks after final payment. You won't get a cabin any cheaper but you can ske to move up to a higher cabin at the price you paid if they are the same cost

We're passed final payment. I grabbed the GTY veranda two days after final payment at the lowest price it's been and was assigned a 1C the day after.

I'm more than happy with the cabin we've got. We've even moved within the same category from the original cabin we were assigned.

The opportunity to move to a C3 if the upgrade price was right appeals a little. The extra captains points would help too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The opportunity to move to a C3 if the upgrade price was right appeals a little. The extra captains points would help too.

I believe I have bad news about the Captains' points; this is from Captain's Clubs Terms and Conditions:

** Reduced rate upgrades, pre-cruise and onboard, will earn Club Points at the original stateroom category purchased, and NOT the category of the upgraded stateroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe I have bad news about the Captains' points; this is from Captain's Clubs Terms and Conditions:

** Reduced rate upgrades, pre-cruise and onboard, will earn Club Points at the original stateroom category purchased, and NOT the category of the upgraded stateroom.

That puts that one to bed then. [emoji23]

No, if they paid the current rate for the C3 then they would get the extra points. The quote you posted refers to those pax that are offered an upgrade at a reduced rate e.g. a nominal amount, say $200 total when the actual difference could be $300pp ;).

OP,

You pay the difference between the GTY rate and the current C3 price, not the rate of the cabin you have been allocated.