Norwegian Bar Set-up?

prots23

Thanks! Yes there a free open bar on our sailing, but we were wanting a cocktail or two in the cabin and didn't want to have to run out to the bar always. I know you can no longer bring alcohol on board, although I see that some people do anyway. Not sure how risky that is lol!

Thanks! Yes there a free open bar on our sailing, but we were wanting a cocktail or two in the cabin and didn't want to have to run out to the bar always. I know you can no longer bring alcohol on board, although I see that some people do anyway. Not sure how risky that is lol!

Yeah, I understand.

Just call up NCL and they can set you up and explain the details. Simply stated, it's a bottle of liquor and a set of garnishes and mixers, around $100 give or take.

I've been wondering if it's harder to get booze on in your luggage? (Not looking for anyone to come down on me)...I purchase an Ultimate Bev Package, Tip well, but like having something in our cabin.

If I can purchase a bottle of something that doesn't cost crazy $$ I'm ok doing that. :)

• 1 month later...
I've been wondering if it's harder to get booze on in your luggage? (Not looking for anyone to come down on me)...I purchase an Ultimate Bev Package, Tip well, but like having something in our cabin.

If I can purchase a bottle of something that doesn't cost crazy $$ I'm ok doing that. :)

Last summer on the Sun (before the soda/water carry on prohibition) I brought several cans of Canadian coke before boarding. The bartenders at the atrium bar would give me large cups of Malibu (don't judge me [emoji4] ) to take back to my room, so we could sip coconut and cokes on our balcony. All covered by the ubp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also found this posted in a different thread:

THere are the prices for the Current Norwegian stateroom Bar setup prices. Name brand spirits are offered by the bottle. These alcoholic beverages are sold as BarSet Up amenity orders. Bar Set-Up is available on all Ships excluding Pride of America.

Please Note:

Bar Set-Up is not available for purchase on-board.

Bar Set-Up must be pre-arranged before the voyage and can be requested up to the day prior to sailing.

Prices are subject to change. A service fee of $3.00 per bottle will be applied.

Bourbon/Whiskey

Seagram’s 7 Crown $80 1 Ltr

Jack Daniel’s Black $100 1 Ltr

Crown Royal Special Reserve $100 750 Ml

Cognac

Courvoisier VS $120 750 ml

Rémy Martin V.S.O.P $100 700 ml

Gin

Beefeater $80 1 Ltr

Bombay Sapphire $100 1 Ltr

Liqueurs

Baileys Irish Cream $100 1 Ltr

Southern Comfort $100 1 Ltr

Disaronno Amaretto $100 1 Ltr

Godiva Chocolate $100 750 Ml

Grand Marnier $100 1 Ltr

Kahlua $100 1 Ltr

Rum

Bacardi Superior $80 1 Ltr

Captain Morgan $80 1 Ltr

Scotch Whiskey

J&B Rare $80 1 Ltr

Glenfiddich $100 1 Ltr

Chivas Regal $100 1 Ltr

JW Black $123 980 Ml

Tequila

Cuervo Gold $80 1 Ltr

1800 Reposado $100 750 Ml

Don Julio Reposado $120 750 Ml

Vodka

Smirnoff $80 1 Ltr

Absolut $100 1 Ltr

Absolut Citron $100 1 Ltr

Absolut Apeach $100 1 Ltr

Grey Goose $120 1 Ltr

Grey Goose L’Orange $120 1 Ltr

Grey Goose La Poire $120 1 Ltr

When guests purchase a bottle of liquor they can choose 3 garnishes and 3 mixers from the list below once they arrive on board.

Choose 3 mixers:

• Bloody Mary Mix

• Pepsi

• Club Soda

• Cranberry Juice

• Diet Pepsi

• Grapefruit Juice

• Orange Juice

• Pineapple Juice

• Sierra Mist

• Sweet and Sour Mix

• Tomato Juice

• Tonic

Choice of 3 garnishes:

• Apple slices

• Banana

• Carrot

• Celery

• Lemon slices

• Lime slices

• Maraschino Cherries

• Orange slices

• Peppers

• Pineapple wedges

• Pitted Olives

• Strawberries

• 1 year later...

Just bought a bottle of Smirnoff for my room (includes the bar setup) on the Getaway and it was $119 (total cost). :o If you get about 16 shots out of a bottle, that's $7.37 per drink. Stiff but cheaper than you'll pay at the bar and I can enjoy it while getting ready or mix a drink in my room before I get to the pool. I booked a super cheap guarantee cabin and those do not offer the unlimited drink packages. I'm not a big drinker so this works for me.

Additional notes:

The mixers are 3 cans of what is available on board i.e. Tonic Club Soda or Pepsi (& Rum) no Coke

You can order it in advance phone number is 1.800.327.7030

On Board you can order from Room Service

In a suite order through your Butler

A Copy of the 2013 Bar Set-Up to give you an idea of the selection - expect changes and pricing -

the bottles are for the most part full liter bottles and not 750ml (fifths) :

MistressNarci post is more current

These alcoholic beverages are sold as Bar Set Up amenity orders. Available on all Ships excluding Pride of America.

Please Note: Pricing from Nov. 2013

Bar Set-Up is available for all stateroom categories.

Bar Set-Up is available for purchase onboard but you will be charged 15% on top of the price of the bottle instead of the $3 service fee.

Bar Set-Up must be pre-arranged before the voyage and can be requested up to the day prior to sailing.

Prices are subject to change. Service fee of $3.00 per bottle will be applied. 1.800.327.7030

Bourbon/Whiskey

Seagram's 7 Crown $80 1 Ltr

Jack Daniel's Black $100 1 Ltr

Crown Royal Special Reserve $100 750 Ml

Cognac

Courvoisier VS $120 750 ml

Rémy Martin V.S.O.P $100 700 ml

Gin

Beefeater $80 1 Ltr

Bombay Sapphire $100 1 Ltr

Liqueurs

Baileys Irish Cream $100 1 Ltr

Southern Comfort $100 1 Ltr

Disaronno Amaretto $100 1 Ltr

Godiva Chocolate $100 750 Ml

Grand Marnier $100 1 Ltr

Kahlua $100 1 Ltr

Rum

Bacardi Superior $80 1 Ltr

Captain Morgan $80 1 Ltr

Scotch Whiskey

J&B Rare $80 1 Ltr

Glenfiddich $100 1 Ltr

Chivas Regal $100 1 Ltr

JW Black $123 980 Ml

Tequila

Cuervo Gold $80 1 Ltr

1800 Reposado $100 750 Ml

Don Julio Reposado $120 750 Ml

Vodka

Smirnoff $80 1 Ltr

Absolut $100 1 Ltr

Absolut Citron $100 1 Ltr

Absolut Apeach $100 1 Ltr

Grey Goose $120 1 Ltr

Grey Goose L'Orange $120 1 Ltr

Grey Goose La Poire $120 1 Ltr

With the number of people choosing the UBP, I would be surprised if NCL still goes to the expense of checking bags for booze. Has anyone heard of someone being caught sneaking booze onboard recently?

The checked luggage left with a porter on the pier is loaded into wire rack equipment that is fork lifted

into the hold of the ship.

The rack is unloaded and all the luggage is then run through a security screening device -

after passing that inspection it is assembled by deck and area of ship to be taken to your cabin -

Luggage not passing inspection is directed to the Naughty Room for pick-up by the guest and

disposition of the contraband found.

If your luggage is not at your cabin door - you can expect to go to the Naughty Room to get it.

Before you get to the registration check-in area you pass thru a security area where your carry on

items are screened for contraband.

Water is disposed off (you can take empty bottles on board) - booze is confiscated -

wine has a corkage fee to be accessed - dive knives and weapons of mass destruction are

tagged for return to the guest at the end of the cruise or restricted for limited use in diving -

small pen knives with blades less than 4 inches are supposed to be acceptable for carry-on

but every now and then overly zealous security people take even these away for return to

the guest at the cruise end - a list of Prohibited items applies to Checked and Carry-on luggage:

PROHIBITED ITEMS LIST

The safety and security of our guests and crew is our number one priority. The following items are prohibited on-board vessels. These items will be confiscated and not transported aboard. When an item is determined to be illegal the appropriate authorities will be informed.

• 1. All illegal narcotics/drugs. (Including Marijuana prescribed for medical purposes and other items used as drug paraphernalia. This includes Hookah Pipes).
  • 2. All firearms including replicas, imitations, non-firing weapons, starting pistols and their components
  • 3. Air, BB or pellet pistols or rifles
  • 4. Any other projectile-weapon or item that resembles or can be mistaken as a firearm (e.g., paint ball guns)
  • 5. All ammunition or replica ammunition for listed line items 2, 3 & 4
  • 6. All explosives, component parts (i.e. detonators) including imitation explosives and devices
  • 7. Fireworks, flares, and pyrotechnics
  • 8. Martial Arts Weapons (i.e. throwing stars, flails)
  • 9. Knives with a blade longer than 4 inches/10.16 cm
  • 10. Open razors
  • 11. Swords, Skean Dhus, or Kirpans
  • 12. Spears or spear guns
  • 13. Crossbows, crossbow bolts, and long bow arrows
  • 14. Blunt weapons including knuckle dusters, brass knuckles, clubs, telescopic batons, batons, flails or nunchaku
  • 15. Items containing incapacitating substances (e.g. gas guns, tear gas sprays, mace, phosphorus, acid and other dangerous chemicals that could be used to maim or disable
  • 16. Restraining Devices (i.e. handcuffs, leg, and head restraining straps)
  • 17. Flammable substances and hazardous chemicals. (e.g., petrol, methylated spirits, paint thinners, lighter fuel, etc.)
  • 18. Any other item made, adapted or intended for use as an offensive weapon
  • 19. Stun devices (i.e. Tazers and Stun Guns)
  • 20. Large batteries
  • 21. Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, clothing irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating/hot plates, etc.
  • 22. Any remotely controlled or autonomously flying devices, toys or drones
  • 23. Self-balancing hover boards, air wheels, scooters, or Segway’s
  • 24. Compressed gas tanks, bottles, cylinders including dive tanks, propane tanks and large aerosol cans
  • 25. Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB), ham radios, satellite phones, transformers, lasers and laser pointers
  • 26. Any form of radio/ telephone signal jamming equipment
  • 27. Samsung Note 7
  • 28. Candles

If you are found to have these items - I don't know if NCL maintains a record of the incident/issue which

on future cruises may have an effect of your being banned from cruising - probably not but then I haven't

seen Crocodile Dundee as a frequent cruise customer either - whipping out a Bowie Knife "Now that's a Kenife" !

It is possible that with the volume of luggage being handled the scanning machinery may not detect

everything and in the haste of final boarding not everything will be thoroughly checked.

NCL is not going to divulge it's security secrets and member readers here should not reveal successful

attempts of the passage of contraband i.e. rum runners faux mouth wash etc. Keep your successes to

yourself and use discretely - Only David Copperfield can smuggle a 55 gallon keg of beer on board.

I have had some successes but with the UBP why bother anymore !

• 5 months later...

Does anyone have current info on this? Prices ect. We are thinking about doing this. We do have UDP but we like the idea of being able to just hang in the room and on the balcony having a beverage without having to leave and go up to the bar everytime.