Magic Spa Cabins

teacher34

We have booked our first spa balcony cabin and I was wondering if those of you who have stayed in one of these cabins could share some thoughts and info about them. What did you particularly like about them and was it worth the price difference? Are there pros and cons ? Any tips ? Also, if anyone has pictures, I would love to see them. We will be in room 12024. Anyone stayed there before ? If so,how is its location ? Thanks for any tips.

We stayed in Magic Spa balcony 12015 (other side of ship, a few cabins forward). We liked it a lot but it was also our first balcony so we were jazzed more than usual!

I really like how close it is to the Spa. We used it a lot more than we would have if we hadn't had a spa cabin. They give you special Elemis brand toiletries (shampoo, shower gel etc) which was nice but not over the moon thrilling. We did like the pillow spray they give you- you spray it on your pillow to freshen it. We loved it so much our room steward gave us a few more bottles before we left! (he got an even bigger tip after that!)

The one thing I didn't care for was the fact that the balcony is not covered on the 12th deck. It is shielded from view from above, which is one thing someone warned me about that turned out not to be an issue, but if it was raining, the balcony was off-limits. If it was sunny and you're not a sun worshipper, no relief there either. But we used it mostly at sailaways from ports and in the morning for our first cups of coffee so neither of these issues were a big problem for us.

A really big plus is that it's very quiet... no one that near the front of the ship except your few fellow cruisers in neighboring cabins... we had NO drunks at 2 in the morning yelling at their friends 50 yards down the hall or kids running the halls banging on doors because they can!

I really like how close it is to the Spa. We used it a lot more than we would have if we hadn't had a spa cabin.

What I meant here is that we debated just buying the spa pass and using the facilities while staying in a different balcony, but because we were so close, we used the spa a lot, and I doubt I'd have used it so much if I was staying farther away from the spa.

Thanks, Shaded Lady,

I am glad to know about the special shampoo they will give us. I usually bring my own shampoo and soap, because I don't care for the stuff in those containers in the shower. So now, I won't have to bring any ! I am a bit concerned about what you said about there being no covering. I am definitely not a sun worshiper, but I usually go out on the balcony in the early morning or at night, so hopefully it won't be a big deal. We have gotten the spa passes before and really after you add those prices onto a balcony on a lower floor, the price of the spa balcony is not very much more. I am hoping I will use it even more since we are right there ! Thanks for the info. By the way, was the cabin any larger than a normal balcony cabin ?

Thanks for the info. I have a balcony on 7 right now mid ship for our August 26th cruise. I'm debating on getting either the weekly spa pass, or upgrading to a spa balcony for the week. This information helps a lot, along with the others posted above.

We stayed in Magic Spa balcony 12015 (other side of ship, a few cabins forward). We liked it a lot but it was also our first balcony so we were jazzed more than usual!

I really like how close it is to the Spa. We used it a lot more than we would have if we hadn't had a spa cabin. They give you special Elemis brand toiletries (shampoo, shower gel etc) which was nice but not over the moon thrilling. We did like the pillow spray they give you- you spray it on your pillow to freshen it. We loved it so much our room steward gave us a few more bottles before we left! (he got an even bigger tip after that!)

The one thing I didn't care for was the fact that the balcony is not covered on the 12th deck. It is shielded from view from above, which is one thing someone warned me about that turned out not to be an issue, but if it was raining, the balcony was off-limits. If it was sunny and you're not a sun worshipper, no relief there either. But we used it mostly at sailaways from ports and in the morning for our first cups of coffee so neither of these issues were a big problem for us.

A really big plus is that it's very quiet... no one that near the front of the ship except your few fellow cruisers in neighboring cabins... we had NO drunks at 2 in the morning yelling at their friends 50 yards down the hall or kids running the halls banging on doors because they can!

We also debated about getting a regular room on Deck 7 and purchasing the couples spa pass for the week. It ended up being cheaper to go ahed and get the spa room with everything included for the week, and to have a different style room. We were just on the Magic in November and walked all through the spa cabin area and checked out the rooms for a good location and ease of access to the serenity area and figured where we would like to be. Decided to go ahead and book onboard then and get the OBC. Have to agree with Deck 11 over Deck 12 for the covered balcony issue and also check deck plans for above and below any floor you choose. We are excited about the spa room with different decor and location which is very quiet also yet very close to the Lido. We figured we would try it once and see if we like it after all we will still be on a cruise. :D

I am all about the Cloud 9 Spa.

Have been on the Magic twice and Breeze once...all Cloud 9 Spa rooms.

I will just say what most seem to forget....

You are just a few steps from the Spa Locker room...and those glorious HUGE showers, that have unlimited towels. I never showered in the cabin...ever.

You are just a few steps from the quiet area at the front of the ship. Great views, comfy chairs to read if so inclined, did I say quiet? And oh yea, those 4 canisters of fruited ice water. Bring your Yeti!

Also,..quiet rooms and hallways. There are fewer cabins on deck 11 and 12, so fewer people And beyond that, families with kids generally don't spend the extra money for a Spa room, so fewer kids, if any kids. Feels very secluded and private.

And finally, just walk out deck 11 and you are able to bypass that mass of sweaty humanity and noise that surrounds the main lido pool as you had to the middle of the ship...one flight of steps down and there you are...buffet time! And the view is great walking along deck 11. You will be tempted to sit in those comfy shaded chairs up there to watch sunrise or sunset.

Cloud 9 Spa Rooms....It is all good. And to me...best value on the ship!

Thank you so much for the response. My concern is the position of the room. I'm afraid there won't be any room on the sides of the bed when they are put together into a king. I can't find much about these rooms on this particular ship. There are some videos from the sunshine that you have to crawl over the bed because there is no floor space to go around. They are laid out front to back instead of side to side like a normal cabin.

When we were on the Breeze in Cabin #12012 in 2015 there is lots of room on one side of the bed- the side near the door, and then about the size of the bedside table on the other side. Here are some pix of the room:

v63ct0.jpg

2uemtn5.jpg

24vku4p.jpg

2nk5qnd.jpg

5tw7px.jpg

Agree...quiet rooms and hallways. There are fewer cabins on deck 11 and 12, so fewer people And beyond that, families with kids generally don't spend the extra money for a Spa room, so fewer kids, if any kids. Feels very secluded and private.

It really does feel like a secluded area. Now if I can just gently remind everyone to please close your balcony doors, rather than letting them close themselves...be extra careful if your balcony door is open and you open your cabin door...there's a vortex that happens that is intense! And last, but not least, please use indoor spa voices in the spa.

We have booked our first spa balcony cabin and I was wondering if those of you who have stayed in one of these cabins could share some thoughts and info about them. What did you particularly like about them and was it worth the price difference? Are there pros and cons ? Any tips ? Also, if anyone has pictures, I would love to see them. We will be in room 12024. Anyone stayed there before ? If so,how is its location ? Thanks for any tips.

We have that exact same cabin booked on our upcoming cruise on the Breeze over my Spring Break! Looking forward to spending a lot of time relaxing in the Theso pool.

All the regular balcony cabins on deck 11 and 12 are the same size and configuration as the regular balconies on deck 7, 8, etc. Now the four interior cabins on deck 12 are different as the pictures above show. And I stand by my opinion that this area feels quiet and secluded compared to all other cabin decks on the ship.