Ok, so who has Ambassador status and how long did it take you?

KyleClark

I am currently Platinum Plus. I am 300 points away from Ambassador. My question is this; Once you get to Ambassador and you take your free cruise then what? Do you get a free cruise once a year once you get to that level? or is it just one free cruise. If that is the case, then I would care less getting to that level because you would take your free cruise then you will have the same benefits as Platinum plus except you call yourself latitudes Ambassador:cool:, it just would not make any sense, there must be more than that. In other words i would have to take at least 2-3 cruises a year to make 699 points.:confused::cool:

I am currently Platinum Plus. I am 300 points away from Ambassador. My question is this; Once you get to Ambassador and you take your free cruise then what? Do you get a free cruise once a year once you get to that level? or is it just one free cruise. If that is the case, then I would care less getting to that level because you would take your free cruise then you will have the same benefits as Platinum plus except you call yourself latitudes Ambassador:cool:, it just would not make any sense, there must be more than that. In other words i would have to take at least 2-3 cruises a year to make 699 points.:confused::cool:

I read in one of the document that the free cruise is a one time offering and you must use it within a year if I remember correctly. It also states the type of cabin you get too. Just which I can find it again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

1 time cruise anywhere in a balcony cabin.

Reward programs are always fluid. On this cruise alone, they realized the dinner with the officers didn't work. I don't know the details because I have no desire to eat with the officers, but only two people of the eleven plus on board chose to do that and she felt it was too restrictive, so something about that has changed.

As the number of ambassadors increase it may be amended, but 700 is a distant goal for most people. And with only a handful now, there is not the pressure that exists from your lower levels.

Time will tell

Reward programs are always fluid. On this cruise alone, they realized the dinner with the officers didn't work. I don't know the details because I have no desire to eat with the officers, but only two people of the eleven plus on board chose to do that and she felt it was too restrictive, so something about that has changed.

As the number of ambassadors increase it may be amended, but 700 is a distant goal for most people. And with only a handful now, there is not the pressure that exists from your lower levels.

Time will tell

You didn't happen to ask how many platinum plus members there were company wide, did you?

Just off the Dawn today and the Latitudes Rep said there are 43 ambassadors in the company.

I have 305 days, so I've quite a ways to go.

Sorry I asked the wrong person on another post. You didn't happen to ask how many platinum plus members there were company wide, did you?

The rules are:-

Complimentary 7-Day Cruise – Ambassador

Ambassador members will be offered a one-time complimentary 7-day cruise. The cruise is for 2 people in a balcony stateroom, third and fourth guests will be at prevailing rates. Eligible members will have one (1) year to take the complimentary cruise.

There are no destination restrictions but holiday sailings are excluded. No promotions are included. Taxes and fees not included.

Service charges not included.

Terms and conditions are subject to change and inventory is subject to availability.

I heard there were only 32 cruisers at the Ambassador level. We know three, and two more by the end of this month.

I went back and looked over my notes to myself, and you are right, there are only 32. 43 applied to something else we were discussing. Either way, that's not a lot of folks. She also told me that since they began working on this level several had died. One was a lady I had sailed with several times. She had over 700 days when I first met her and that was several years ago.

• Like 1

I went back and looked over my notes to myself, and you are right, there are only 32. 43 applied to something else we were discussing. Either way, that's not a lot of folks. She also told me that since they began working on this level several had died. One was a lady I had sailed with several times. She had over 700 days when I first met her and that was several years ago.

Are you referring to Sylva? We have sailed with her 3 or 4 times and the last time was a few years back. She had over 150 cruises then. She is a retired teacher from upstate NY.

• Like 1

Only just over halfway (386), but I never book higher than a balcony and usually around the 5-6 week mark so I'm thinking that's a milestone I don't think I'll make.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by karoo
  • Like 1

Yes- I met Sylva on the Sun last year- maybe Alaska. She said she was going to switch cruise lines as she couldn't get the salad and Escargot with the complimentary Le Bistro voucher anymore so and wasn't happy about that, but with the promise of a complimentary 7 day cruise I'm sure she'll be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After this years cruises we will be at 419 Points, and those Points we have "collected" since 2003. And even though we only got "grandfathered" 1 point per cruise night for all previous NCL cruises the last time the Latitude program changed (in 2011?), we did however receive additional Points on each cruise because we always booked more than 9 months in advace. So with "only" 281 points to go until we reach the Ambassador status, with the new Points system I believe that will take us around 15-20 more years if we continue at the current "speed". Meaning that I would have to pay normal price for quite many cruises before I would be able to get my "free" cruise. And since that is just a "one-time-thing" I am actually very happy with my Platinum Plus status - beside of the one-time-free-cruise an Ambassador status wouldn't give me much more than what I currently would get as Platinum Plus...

• Like 1