how cold is it on the explorer?

sharon2975

We are on the Feb 14 Explorer sailing and I am a bit concerned about how cold it may be in the evenings? does anyone know if my hubby may need long sleeve shirts, he runs a bit hot so I have packed him all short sleeves, but am a bit concerned. I have a pashmina along and hope that will ward off any chill. thanks in advance for any feedback.

Edited by sharon2975

It depends upon what you are used to. People from Florida tend to find it freezing on the ship because they are used to very warm weather. Some passengers from Europe are not used to air conditioning and also find it cold. I love cold weather and find it perfect. Because some passengers complain (on all of the ships) about the temperature, I have a very small digital thermometer and it registers in the lower 70's in most parts of the ship (but the air conditioning is on so it may seem cooler). Since I keep my home at 67-68 degrees, anything above 70 is warm.

I believe that Regent takes into consideration spaces that will heat up when full. Compass Rose, for instance, is nice and cool when we get there at 6:30 p.m. but can feel quite warm at 8:00 p.m.

From what you've said, I would take a pashmina for you and perhaps a couple of long sleeved shirts for your DH (most men do wear long sleeved shirts in the specialty restaurants).

Enjoy your Explorer cruise! She is an amazing ship!

And I usually feel like I'm in 80 degree heat (probably because I am). My belief about the weather/temperature has always been that when it is cold you can put on a sweater or other wrap. However, if it is too hot, there is nothing that you can do. For that reason, I do not think that any public place (including cruise ships) should be over 70 degrees.

I'm always, always cold and I found the dining rooms and Constellation theater to be SO COLD, I think because they're bigger spaces. I was definitely able to wear short sleeves but did bring a few light jackets and I actually brought a blanket for a show one night :p That being said, ships are always on the colder side. We were in a humid climate so it felt nice but if we were going somewhere else I don't know if it would feel as intense of a chill.