Emerald princess penthouse S4

first time cruising

Found this video on YouTube, but it makes me a little seasick...

Yes, all those "seemingly" curved walls-couldn't see very clearly, the combination of a small laptop screen and poor eyesight made me think, "I don't want to sail in that Suite!" What I saw of the decoration looks lovely though.

Yes, all those "seemingly" curved walls-couldn't see very clearly, the combination of a small laptop screen and poor eyesight made me think, "I don't want to sail in that Suite!" What I saw of the decoration looks lovely though.
If you want to enjoy your Suite balcony I would recommend the aft suites rather than the Riviera deck cat S4 suites on the Emerald on her sisters the Crown and the Ruby. The Riviera deck balconies are only 5 feet deep. We were in R405 on the Emerald and the loungers could only be sideways rather than facing the ocean and the balcony table was smaller with only two chairs. You are directly under the pool area on Lido deck. We did not hear much noise from moving of the deck chairs about but others have posted this as an issue. The Lido deck extends beyond the balcony by at least 4 foot so the balcony is well in the shade almost all of the time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you want to enjoy your Suite balcony I would recommend the aft suites rather than the Riviera deck cat S4 suites on the Emerald on her sisters the Crown and the Ruby. The Riviera deck balconies are only 5 feet deep. We were in R405 on the Emerald and the loungers could only be sideways rather than facing the ocean and the balcony table was smaller with only two chairs. You are directly under the pool area on Lido deck. We did not hear much noise from moving of the deck chairs about but others have posted this as an issue. The Lido deck extends beyond the balcony by at least 4 foot so the balcony is well in the shade almost all of the time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes! We were in this exact suite on the emerald. You absolutely could hear all kinds of noise from the Lido deck. I had done a lot of research and I got about 50% yes and 50% no on whether or not I would hear running and music and the sloshing of the pool. We heard it all! Someone correct me, if I'm wrong, but isn't Caribe the deck that has the best balconies for Suites? We always do midship due to my very sensitive motion sickness. So I could never do a aft suite even though their balconies are pretty neat. I have been on one and it was extremely windy on their balcony but not on ours. We were on caribe on the Golden Princess and our balcony was way better.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

We were in R404 in December and had no complaints regarding the cabin. We specifically chose this cabin because of its location. DW has mobility issues and didn't want to walk from an aft balcony to the Sanctuary (and back). It's also near the elevators. The weather was quite hot and we didn't use the balcony much. If a balcony is important to you, then this probably isn't the best cabin choice as they are pretty small.

I am having trouble accessing the Princess website. Looking at emerald princess R406. Can't find any information on this cabin. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

There are summaries of the reviews of R401 and R402 on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...1#gid=83641472.

Please consider adding a review for whatever cabin you stay in. There is a sticky on top of page http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197 to access the reviews.

If I'd paid out for a suite and had all that noise I'd be really annoyed. Why do they put a suite in such a poor location?

I would assume because is a higher floor? Really not sure. They are only on a few floors. My sister-in-law and my daughter were in a room just passed the line that separates midship to forward in an interior room and she said she could hear the Explorer's Lounge (i think?)so loudly! Every time they had some kind of dance night she could hear the whole thing. We heard it the most during a loud movies Under the Stars movie or if there was a band on Deck, like the last night I think it was. But we could even hear the pool water sloshing around on days that the sea was a little rougher. It wasn't enough to make us not enjoy our trip or anything, but if this is your one-time shot at a suite or something it would be a real shame to have something like that.

I would assume because is a higher floor? Really not sure. They are only on a few floors. My sister-in-law and my daughter were in a room just passed the line that separates midship to forward in an interior room and she said she could hear the Explorer's Lounge (i think?)so loudly! Every time they had some kind of dance night she could hear the whole thing. We heard it the most during a loud movies Under the Stars movie or if there was a band on Deck, like the last night I think it was. But we could even hear the pool water sloshing around on days that the sea was a little rougher. It wasn't enough to make us not enjoy our trip or anything, but if this is your one-time shot at a suite or something it would be a real shame to have something like that.

I agree. It doesn't make sense that some of the most expensive cabins are in noisy locations.

I agree. It doesn't make sense that some of the most expensive cabins are in noisy locations.
When they added the Riviera deck starting with the Caribbean they moved the midship Cat S4 suites from the Caribe deck up to the Riviera deck. The Caribe deck balconies are 9 feet deep while the Riviera deck balconies are only 5 feet deep which is a big difference [emoji849] The Caribe deck has passenger cabins above and below so noise is not a problem. The Royal class also has the Cat S4 suites on Riviera deck but the Marina deck was added above so no public space above. Unfortunately they reduced the balcony depth to only 4 feet. That is ridiculous [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
does anyone know if the riviera deck suites under the Lido ice cream station

on the port side and /or the ones under the starboard side restrooms are quieter?

Check out the great deck plans on the following site. You can overlay the floors to see exactly what is above and below your ships stateroom you are considering booking. You may have to purchase a membership to get the full advantage of this great site. I believe it is like $8.99 USD a year for membership.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/

Paul

Check out the great deck plans on the following site. You can overlay the floors to see exactly what is above and below your ships stateroom you are considering booking. You may have to purchase a membership to get the full advantage of this great site. I believe it is like $8.99 USD a year for membership.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/

Paul

I don't see anything for free on that web site that would warrant spending $9 per year. Maybe I'm just not seeing the extras but what I do see is common knowledge that can be viewed on any website.

I don't see anything for free on that web site that would warrant spending $9 per year. Maybe I'm just not seeing the extras but what I do see is common knowledge that can be viewed on any website.

i only paid the fee once years ago...free ever since and I use it for every cruise..has great videos and pictures of all the cabins plus the overlay feature is wonderful.

It is a onetime fee. Not yearly. Best thing about this site is all the pics people submit. You can get a one stop look at the exact stateroom on your ship on the deck you want. I do not know of any other website that has your exact stateroom with a ton of pictures of that stateroom. If so; let me hear it. cheers

It is a onetime fee. Not yearly. Best thing about this site is all the pics people submit. You can get a one stop look at the exact stateroom on your ship on the deck you want. I do not know of any other website that has your exact stateroom with a ton of pictures of that stateroom. If so; let me hear it. cheers

At one time, Cruisedeckplans offered a lifetime membership, which I purchased, but i believe their membership is now annually. You can purchase a 1, 2 or 3 year membership.

Paul

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk