Since you can only bid 2 categories up...

BostonGal35

...this means on a large ship, even if you book a balcony, you will never get a chance to bid on haven, since the order is balcony-spa-minisuite-haven.

im wondering if ocean and inside rooms will end up being considerably cheaper since in theory people who are eyeing the haven will be forced to book at least a spa room in order to possibly get a chance to bid haven?

We're in a guarantee balcony and just got the e-mail. Started with the owners suite and most of Haven choices (sliding scale from NO to ridiculous. Only other choice was generic mini-suite, not a good upgrade in my opinion. We're staying pat; would have liked to get a spa balcony but that's not an option.:o

We're in a guarantee balcony and just got the e-mail. Started with the owners suite and most of Haven choices (sliding scale from NO to ridiculous. Only other choice was generic mini-suite, not a good upgrade in my opinion. We're staying pat; would have liked to get a spa balcony but that's not an option.:o

Agreed 100% with this. I like our location, wouldn't gamble on an unknown mini-suite... I'd consider the H7 but there are 4 of us and there doesn't seem to be a pullman in the living room so c'est la vie!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

the large ships dont have suites, just haven. small ships are balcony-minisuite-suite-haven (where applicable).

I'm just curious to know how large ships don't have suites when they are clearly listed: deluxe owner's suite, owner's suite, deluxe spa suite, spa suite.

Also, please do not get confused with the term "The Haven" in thinking that it's a type of room. The Haven is a category of room types with exclusive access to the area. Any Villa, Suite (not mini) and Penthouse are part of The Haven. Not all rooms inclusive to The Haven are within The Haven area, for example the forward/aft facing penthouses.

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/the-haven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by highmath

...this means on a large ship, even if you book a balcony, you will never get a chance to bid on haven, since the order is balcony-spa-minisuite-haven.

im wondering if ocean and inside rooms will end up being considerably cheaper since in theory people who are eyeing the haven will be forced to book at least a spa room in order to possibly get a chance to bid haven?

That is kind of incorrect. The order according to the bidding terms is balcony, mini-suite, haven. Spa rooms are considered as part of their general category, eg. balcony spa, mini suite spa or haven spa.

I'm just curious to know how large ships don't have suites when they are clearly listed: deluxe owner's suite, owner's suite, deluxe spa suite, spa suite.

Also, please do not get confused with the term "The Haven" in thinking that it's a type of room. The Haven is a category of room types with exclusive access to the area. Any Villa, Suite (not mini) and Penthouse are part of The Haven. Not all rooms inclusive to The Haven are within The Haven area, for example the forward/aft facing penthouses.

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/the-haven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i guess you have to do a mock booking to understand what im asking.

at the first screen, you get the price categories. across the top (using breakaway as an example) the read left to right Studio-Inside-Oceanview-Balcony-Spa-Minisuite-TheHaven, with prices going up as you move right.

i understand that there are varying suites and rooms, but on the large ships, all suites have Haven Access and benefits, even if they are not in the Haven. the rooms located in the Haven cost more. So what is considered two categories up? If im in a Balcony, i would assume looking at it this way, that two categories allows me to bid on Spa and Minisuite rooms.

on the small ships, at the first screen, the price categories across the top (using the Jewel as an example) read left to right Inside-Oceanview-Balcony-Minisuite-Suite-TheHaven. In this example, i would think that two categories up from Balcony would allow me to bid on Minisuites and Suites, but not TheHaven suites.

at the first screen, you get the price categories. across the top (using breakaway as an example) the read left to right Studio-Inside-Oceanview-Balcony-Spa-Minisuite-TheHaven, with prices going up as you move right.

i understand that there are varying suites and rooms, but on the large ships, all suites have Haven Access and benefits, even if they are not in the Haven. the rooms located in the Haven cost more. So what is considered two categories up? If im in a Balcony, i would assume looking at it this way, that two categories allows me to bid on Spa and Minisuite rooms.

on the small ships, at the first screen, the price categories across the top (using the Jewel as an example) read left to right Inside-Oceanview-Balcony-Minisuite-Suite-TheHaven. In this example, i would think that two categories up from Balcony would allow me to bid on Minisuites and Suites, but not TheHaven suites.

I can only give my experience that I was offered all categories as upgrades except spa. I'm thinking that was either because they were sold out or that none of them have a 4 person capacity.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

So to get the chance to bid on an upgrade, I must recieve an email from NCL first offering it??

Yes. If you haven't receive one, some folks had luck calling the upsell number and requesting the email.

Who knows, though, since I called the upsell number to see if they were still offering anything and was told my ship only offers the bid to upgrade option AND that my TA doesn't participate so I wouldn't be getting the email. That was weird since I'd already gotten the email offer days prior to that call.

Just to clarify, the bidding system does not allow you to bid on spa rooms other than Haven Spa (H9). You can only bid on specific Haven categories or guarantee rooms in other categories which could be anything from the smallest standard room to a large balcony or spa.

Just to clarify, the bidding system does not allow you to bid on spa rooms other than Haven Spa (H9). You can only bid on specific Haven categories or guarantee rooms in other categories which could be anything from the smallest standard room to a large balcony or spa.

If you are in a balcony, the e-mail will show you photos and a brief description of the different suites available for you to bid on. That's it, no other choices. It would seem that the spa balconies or minis that we want will be offered to OV and maybe even Inside. You are gambling, much like a gty, within each category. Some are good locations, some not at all.

You have to look at any of the Spa rooms as their base room type with a perk. A Spa Balcony is just a Balcony with spa décor and thermal spa access. A Spa Mini-Suite is just a Mini-suite with spa décor and thermal spa access...so on and so forth.

So to answer your original question, the spa level is not considered a category in relation to the bidding. So, if you are in a balcony, in theory you should be able to bid all the way up. What's not known is if the type of balcony room booked plays a part, i.e BX versus a B1

I have a family balcony B2 booked on the Escape and received the bid email for offers from a mini suite on up to deluxe owners suite. No spa rooms were listed as an option on my bidding page.