Uber Vehicle Question

ALANG

Going to use Uber for an upcoming trip from Fll to Mia. There will be two passengers with three pieces of luggage and two carryons. Has anyone used the basic Uber vehicle with this situation or did you have to use the UberXL. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Going to use Uber for an upcoming trip from Fll to Mia. There will be two passengers with three pieces of luggage and two carryons. Has anyone used the basic Uber vehicle with this situation or did you have to use the UberXL. Thanks in advance for your responses.

I think you'll need UberXL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UberX should be okay for two passengers plus bags. Typical vehicle is a Toyota Camry or similar sized car -- I have had everything from a king cab pickup to a Honda Fit. When a driver accepts your ride the vehicle info will appear along with driver name, etc. You can cancel if it looks too small, but that may affect your rating numbers.

If in doubt you can call the driver too.

We had an uber X driver show up with some personal stuff in his trunk. So only one of our bags fit. Then he wouldn't let my husband put the other in the back seat. :mad: And this was an airport pickup. We cancelled and gave him a not great rating. Was just irritating after a long flight.

Lyft is no different than Uber. I have only once had a Lyft driver call me prior to pickup. In FLL in the last 2 weeks used standard Lyft to get from hotel to port and I had 1 large bag, 1 25" bag, my 21" rolling bag I use to carry on. Had no problems with 2 people.

UberX should not be a problem for 2 people at all. We've used Uber several time riding to Port Everglades, to the airport in London, and just recently to and from the airport here at home. Plenty of room, always.

If you are a first time rider you can get a $15 referral discount by using a member's code. Both get the discount on their next ride.

If you need one, here's mine: 6y3g9

Enjoy the cruise and the ride.

Neal

Used Uber last month. Picked up at Port Everglades after a cruise and taken to Port of Miami to get on another one. Then, picked up at Port of Miami and taken to FLL for early flight. Both times used Regular Uber. Two people with three suitcases and one small bag. No problem. Cost $32.00 both times.

We are are flying into FLL at 9 pm and thinking of using Uber to get to our hotel in Miami. We have not used Uber before.....are drivers readily available in the evening and any concerns about using Uber late at night?

I've not used Uber from MIA, but from other locations. You can always launch the app and see how long it will take to get a ride, as well as the fare. Uber is at least as reputable as any taxis. I once drove for Uber and Lyft here in Cincinnati and use them on occasion when I travel. Never a problem.

If you are a first time rider and need a promo code, you are welcome to use mine. We both get $15 off our next ride.

Code: 6y3g9

Enjoy,

Neal

Thanks Neil. Appreciate the offer but we used UBER in Miami

once from downtown (Bubba Gump's) to our Embassy Suites hotel

and it worked great.

My question about MIA airport is how difficult it is to meet up with UBER driver.