What to do after Miami Disembarkation?

falkensmaze

We rented a car and went to the Cuban area of town and visited the famous Versailles bakery. We got coffee and pastries, and it was delicious. We also visited a local park for a while. We were able to kill some time without spending much money. If you aren't renting a car, the options are fewer, obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi we will disembark the Escape in may at 9am (27th May) but or flight is not until 5pm i'm sure we can do plenty in that time but what can we do with our luggage. The NCL excursions don't really work for us, so are there other options?

This board is really geared toward things that happen on an NCL cruise, as those are unique to sailing NCL. There is a Miami Port board that has TONS of info on what to do both pre and post cruise in Miami. You should find lots of ideas and recommendations there.

I went on a tour to the Everglades after disembarking the Escape - booked my own trip rather than an NCL excursion - as my flight wasn't till 5pm either.

The pick up was 10:30 at Bayside Marketplace so I just took an Uber there from the port - (at an extortionate cost of $1.50; I had no idea how close it was lol) - then the tour company stored luggage on the bus... Got dropped off again around 2:30 and then Uber'd it to the airport.

The NCL tours departed, and finished, much earlier, and were also more expensive for near enough the same thing. I wouldn't say the tour was great, but it was definitely better than killing time in MIA!

I looked at getting a day room in a hotel, but as a solo traveller it worked out too pricey to justify the cost. If I'd have know there was luggage storage at Bayside as the post above says, I'd have probably done that and just had a wander round for a few hours.

We checked our luggage with a place right beside the marketplace and bought Big Bus Miami tickets. It is hop-on hop-off service and there are multiple routes to choose from. It was a great way to see all of Miami. We then Uber'd to MIA. Good times.

You can always go to bayside marketplace for the day..there is luggage storage plus plenty of taxis to get you to the airport when you are ready...we always do this when we have a late flight leaving from MIA

Thanks so much for this tip! Never been to/heard of Bayside Marketplace, but I just checked out their website and definitely planning to make a stop there next time I'm in Miami!