Breakaway Bermuda in June question

HBCcruiser

I'm sailing on the Breakaway deck 16 H4 (16114) in mid June to Bermuda. I'd love some first hand info regarding ship movement during the trip, and possible sea sickness. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is really hard to say as weather and sea conditions will be an impact. We sailed 16702 BA on the Bahamas run and the highest seas we had were 12-15'. It was more of a little movement front/back and not too much side to side. Depends how you react.

We went Father's Day week the last 2 years on the BA and had beautiful weather and very calm seas, 5-8 ft. Not sure if we were just very lucky to have calm seas both times but I did go prepared. Packed the Bonine and Motion Ease and never needed it.

I know that you cannot count it being the same for your cruise but thought I would share on our experience. I personally would not hesitate to try it again that time of the year but be for-warned that this year they have the America's Cup in Bermuda so it will be crowded. I know it is in June but do not know the exact dates, worth looking into though.

We went Father's Day week the last 2 years on the BA and had beautiful weather and very calm seas, 5-8 ft. Not sure if we were just very lucky to have calm seas both times but I did go prepared. Packed the Bonine and Motion Ease and never needed it.

I know that you cannot count it being the same for your cruise but thought I would share on our experience. I personally would not hesitate to try it again that time of the year but be for-warned that this year they have the America's Cup in Bermuda so it will be crowded. I know it is in June but do not know the exact dates, worth looking into though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Breakaway pretty much crawls to Bermuda, stretching the journey there into two and half days from NYC so you shouldn't feel much movement at all (I've done four mid-June Bermuda cruises, three on the Breakaway). :cool: The return is speedier, so you may feel a bit more motion then but it is usually also more or less pretty calm with very little rocking.

We've sailed on other lines with no problem. I was just wondering about the BA. Thanks for your insight dezzdd.

It will really not be any different than any other cruise line. Bad weather, rough ride. Good weather, smooth ride. The seas are not quite warm enough for big tropical storms.

In bad weather, your cabin will have the maximum movement on the ship (being high and forward). But,,, in bad weather, so will the cabins low and center.

One thing about Bermuda in June, it will be hot and very, very humid.

It will really not be any different than any other cruise line. Bad weather, rough ride. Good weather, smooth ride. The seas are not quite warm enough for big tropical storms.

In bad weather, your cabin will have the maximum movement on the ship (being high and forward). But,,, in bad weather, so will the cabins low and center.

One thing about Bermuda in June, it will be hot and very, very humid.

Ok. Guess that means more beach time then! Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums