Leaving Sunday

tink218

Have a great time on the cruise and happy 45th. We were on Silhouette last month and loved it. We ate in the LC but did not do our own cooking. It was excellent. Don't miss the special warm choc chip cookie dessert. It is amazing!

Well, it is now 10:45 and we are on board! Fastest boarding ever. It is a beautiful warm day and we are going to enjoy a nice lunch on the pool deck. We are in cabin 1077 and I will take some pictures. Be back soon.

Well, it is now 10:45 and we are on board! Fastest boarding ever. It is a beautiful warm day and we are going to enjoy a nice lunch on the pool deck. We are in cabin 1077 and I will take some pictures. Be back soon.

We will watch for your wave from the Sunset Bar at sail away, on the web cam!

Having a wonderful time. We are in Coco Cay today. It is sunny and not too warm. We stayed on the ship and are enjoying an almost empty solarium.

Last night saw the comedian, Frank Banks. He was okay, funny at times. Tonight is the production show Pearl, have seen it before and was not a fan, so will skip it. We have dinner in the Tuscan Grill and we are both looking forward to it. The house band , Casablanca is good and we plan on listening to them again tonight. I am going to try to post some pictures later.

Have to tell you the service has been wonderful on the Silhouette. We are very easy to please, but everyone has been so friendly and helpful. Every person we have encounter has a smile on their face and a warm greeting for us.

Today is a sea day and I was up early to walk a little and am now enjoying a nice morning in the solarium. It is not busy here at all the pool butlers have been monitoring the chairs though.

We had dinner at the Tuscan Grill last night. It was okay, nothing fantastic, but good. We started by sharing the meatballs, I had the minestrone soup while Jim had the Caesar salad. For entrees I had the chicken parmigiana and Jim had the rib eye. Jim said the rib eye was cooked to his liking and had a good flavor, my chicken was okay. I had the tirimasu for dessert. It was good.

Tonight we have the Lawn Club Grill for dinner.we plan on listening to Casablanca after dinner. The show tonight is a Mowtown Revue. We plan on going to the 9:00 show. We both love Mowtown music so we are looking forward to the show.

We have met some wonderful people on the cruise and some not so wonderful people. We are very easy going and are not high maintenance at all. It boggles my mind how some people feel so entitled just because they have cruised more than us or are in a higher class cabin than us. My gosh people, you are making a fool of yourselves by being such asses!!! Get over yourselves.

Happy 45th!! Enjoying your posts...will be onboard in under 4 weeks. Cannot wait. Love your comment regarding how people can be jerks. How can you be in a bad mood on a cruise??? Shame on you for thinking you are any better than anyone else on that ship!! Why can't people just enjoy themselves and not be a_ _ es?? Beyond me.

Debbie

Thanks for the update. We too are looking forward to our April 9 cruise on Silly. Motown sounds awesome and if " The Tenors od Rock" are onboard we will be there.

I agree how can you possibly be in a bad mood on a cruise? We too have met some fabulous people and others well we just dont mingle with those type of people. Total turn-off for anyone to think they are better than anyone and to talk down to you. We move on in a hurry.

So did you make it to the Martini Bar yet? If so who are the stellar flair bartenders? Theres always some that stand out and take the lead. Enjoy your cruise and keep us informed on the happenings around the ship..

Happy Sailing!!!

Happy Anniversary to you! It's also nice to see your review. I will be following along because my MIL and SIIL are on board with you. They are on deck 10 as well but on the starboard side.

Enjoy Cozumel tomorrow.

We are in Cozumel today and the sky is blue and the sun is out! Last night we had dinner at the Lawn Club Grill. Oh my, my husband was in heaven. The food was so good. Yes, you can cook your own food her, we did see only 2 men doing it. The place was full. We started with sharing a flat bread. I also had the salad bar. I had the lamb chops and scallop and shrimp skewers. They were delicious. Jim went with the ribeye and baked potato. For dessert we both had the blueberry cobbler. Our server was disappointed we didn't get the chocolate chip cookie, but I really love cobbler. We have reservations there again on Friday so will probably get it then.

Now the show, while it was good, it was not as billed. We expected more Mowtown. It had maybe 3 Mowtown songs, some blues, that were done well, and a couple original songs. The group, Marcus Terrell and the Serenades at one time were contract singers for RCCL.

I am sitting in the solarium as I type this. We have booked another cruise on the Silhouette for 2019, same time of year. We have one already for 2018. This is our anniversary gift to each other. Silly will be doing 9 or 12 day Souther Caribbean cruises in 2019. We opted for the 9 day, Feb 22- March 3.

Loved the captain's announcement yesterday. At the end he said, remember you paid too much money for this cruise to spend your time whining!!!!! He is very visible throughout the ship and has a great sense of humor. We sailed with him last year too and loved his daily announcements.

If you don't mind taking picture of the MDR menu would be nice and maybe a few bar menu and prices that you will have visited

Check out this post, shows most bar menu/prices and most restaurant menus. Although it is Eclipse it will be generally the same on the Silhouette. Most prices appear to be just beyond the Classic Package !!

http://www.thepreismans.com/eclipse_so_car_menus.htm

Today was supposed to be Grand Cayman, but the weather didn't cooperate! We had 12 to 15 foot waves and the pier the tenders travel to were under water. The captain made his announcement just as we came into the port. He said they had closed the port and there was nothing he could do. He also he would be on deck 5 in the cafe to answer any questions the guest had about safety.

I did go by the excursion desk later in the morning and heard one gentleman complaining because they would not call his private company he booked with to cancel for him or refund his money like they were doing for other people. They tried so hard to explain the refunds were for those who had booked through the cruise line and not a private company. He then pulled the status and suite card and went off on the poor girl helping him. I walked away at that point.

There was supposed to be a comedian tonight, but he is on Grand Caymen, so we will have the Tenors of Rock tonight and the comedian tomorrow night. They will be flying the comedian to Jamaica to join us there.

I guess that is it for today. We are really enjoying our trip. The service has been outstanding everywhere on the ship. The bad reviews I have read do not sway me from having a good time. Life is what you make it and I plan to make it a great one!!

I did go by the excursion desk later in the morning and heard one gentleman complaining because they would not call his private company he booked with to cancel for him or refund his money like they were doing for other people. They tried so hard to explain the refunds were for those who had booked through the cruise line and not a private company. He then pulled the status and suite card and went off on the poor girl helping him. I walked away at that point.

This is the risk in taking private tours. When we do, we choose those that don't require any payments to reserve.