Anthem vs Allure

Just booked a cruise on Anthem in May to Bermuda. I'm pregnant (will be 20 weeks on sail date) and had limited options on where to cruise because of Zika so Bermuda was my only option and I didn't really know much about the ship when I booked except that it was new and I assumed the ship was somewhat similar to Oasis class, with neighborhoods and Aquatheater, etc. but as I'm looking into it, it seems more like the Explorer class with a few extras. For those that have sailed on both Quantum and Oasis class can you tell me how Quantum compares to Oasis. From what I can tell it seems Anthem is very technologically advanced, but that's really it? Any pics would also be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anthem is nothing like Oasis or Voyager classes (Explorer is a ship within this class) and is a class rather unique unto itself. I would suggest going on the RCI website and exploring the ship there to see what it offers and how it differs from the rest. Quantum class ships are the newest generation RCI ships and are designed and styled differently from the other RCI ship classes. Others I'm sure will add more regarding the differences and will likely post pictures to help you become more familiar with Anthem.

Enjoy your cruise.

I have done both Allure and Anthem and hands down would pick Anthem over Allure. I loved the set up of the ship and the feel of it. It's a big ship but still has some small ship feel to it. I loved it a lot more than Allure. It has a lot of really good venues The Music hall, 270, the specialty restaurants especially Jamie's Italian so good. I think you'll like and I think you'll fall in love with Bermuda it is a gorgeous island and the people are so nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you can see in my signature, I have been on the Oasis, Anthem, Explorer and Allure. The Anthem is nothing like the Explorer. Nothing. No promenade and many other differences. These three different classes of ships are unique in their own way. I have my favorite class, but will keep my opinion to myself. Many people love the Quantum class and many don't. Everyone is different, with different expectations. Go and have a good time and judge for yourself. To me, Bermuda is what you should focus on. It is amazing. I have been there numerous times and will never tire of it. PS> Good luck with the baby!!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
As you can see in my signature, I have been on the Oasis, Anthem, Explorer and Allure. The Anthem is nothing like the Explorer. Nothing. No promenade and many other differences. These three different classes of ships are unique in their own way. I have my favorite class, but will keep my opinion to myself. Many people love the Quantum class and many don't. Everyone is different, with different expectations. Go and have a good time and judge for yourself. To me, Bermuda is what you should focus on. It is amazing. I have been there numerous times and will never tire of it. PS> Good luck with the baby!!!! :)

There is no Promenade? I thought thru my research that there is but they called it the Esplanade. Is it something different?

There is no Promenade? I thought thru my research that there is but they called it the Esplanade. Is it something different?

Not as long, not as wide, not as high as the Royal Promenade. Other than that, it's similar.

Have been on Anthem 2x and Allure last month. Also Explorer 2x. All are very different but we liked all of them.

We give Anthem the edge because it's more technologically advanced (Royal App, wow bands, etc.) and the cabins are a bit larger. Oh, and the real edge--it's 45 minutes away vs. getting to FL for Allure.