Room setup for 3 passengers on Caribbean Princess in a Mini-Suite

suds74

And can I get a queen bed + sofa bed in a regular balcony cabin? Or does it have to be a mini-suite?

Thanks!

From the Princess ships I have been on, the extra seating in regular cabins is a tub chair, no sofa/sofa bed at all. There is no room as cabins have a 'walk in robe' area which takes up space that on other lines is part of the main cabin and so can include a proper sofa. It is one of the things I really dislike about Princess cabins (as well as the blue plastic flooring on the balcony) :D

FYI, the sofa in mini-suites is usually a twin. The bed opens only under part of the cushions. It's not a double bed.

Thanks for the info, that should be fine for my son :)

Thanks, Bill

From the Princess ships I have been on, the extra seating in regular cabins is a tub chair, no sofa/sofa bed at all. There is no room as cabins have a 'walk in robe' area which takes up space that on other lines is part of the main cabin and so can include a proper sofa. It is one of the things I really dislike about Princess cabins (as well as the blue plastic flooring on the balcony) :D

Good info thanks!

Sounds like I am out of luck as far as the regular balcony rooms are concerned, so it sounds like a mini-suite (with queen and sofa bed) will be my best bet if they have one available.

Thanks for all the responses so far!

Thanks,

Bill S.

Photo of sofa bed in a Mini Suite. Every Mini Suite will have one. No need to use a pull down bed unless you have a fourth person. If you book a Mini Suite that is listed on the deck plan as accommodating three people, the cabin won't even have the pull down.

8ytemysu.jpg

Look at the deck plan of the ship you will be on along with the key to symbols shown. If there is a triangle shown in the cabin you are looking at, that is the symbol for the pull out sleeper sofa.

If there is no triangle but the symbol for an upper berth (this may be an astrick-don't remember without looking) chances are high that you would not be able to configure the lower twins into one large bed as then the third person in the upper berth would have to walk on top of that lower bed to get in and out. They told me due to safety they would not allow this.............but it is up to your cabin steward if he/she would allow it.

Look at the deck plan of the ship you will be on along with the key to symbols shown. If there is a triangle shown in the cabin you are looking at, that is the symbol for the pull out sleeper sofa.

If there is no triangle but the symbol for an upper berth (this may be an astrick-don't remember without looking) chances are high that you would not be able to configure the lower twins into one large bed as then the third person in the upper berth would have to walk on top of that lower bed to get in and out. They told me due to safety they would not allow this.............but it is up to your cabin steward if he/she would allow it.

When you go to view Deck Plans for the Caribbean Princess, there are no symbols for Deck 8 or Deck 9 mini-suites. This is the view of the Deck Plans for sailings after March 25, 2017:

http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=CB&version=3

I looked for the symbols, figuring it would be similar to what I am familiar with on Royal Caribbean, but no luck :(

2017-02-19_2148.jpg.245a76b8c4e5a4c7a8e7321523a8d2a0.jpg

When you go to view Deck Plans for the Caribbean Princess, there are no symbols for Deck 8 or Deck 9 mini-suites. This is the view of the Deck Plans for sailings after March 25, 2017:

http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=CB&version=3

I looked for the symbols, figuring it would be similar to what I am familiar with on Royal Caribbean, but no luck :(

On the deck plans on the Princess website they have removed the symbols.

When you choose a passenger cabin deck you have a drop down box for the number of guests in the stateroom.

The cabins that don't have 3 or 4 capability will be grayed out depending on what number of guests you choose.

Look for a cabin that will sleep 4. I always book a mini suite so really can't speak about a balcony. Its been far too many years since I booked one.. Anyway, if you find one that sleeps 4 book it. Then it will for sure have a sofa bed. Honestly, I never thought about it until you asked. I just assumed all mini suite couches made into a bed.

Also, the kids center is awesome as far as teaching. the vast majority of the time my kids didn't use the club. When we first started traveling with kids they didn't even have kid centers. They enjoyed hanging out with us. I just remember on our New Zealand/Australia cruise that my 3 YO grandson had a blast learning about the solar system etc.

Look for a cabin that will sleep 4. I always book a mini suite so really can't speak about a balcony. Its been far too many years since I booked one.. Anyway, if you find one that sleeps 4 book it. Then it will for sure have a sofa bed. Honestly, I never thought about it until you asked. I just assumed all mini suite couches made into a bed.

Also, the kids center is awesome as far as teaching. the vast majority of the time my kids didn't use the club. When we first started traveling with kids they didn't even have kid centers. They enjoyed hanging out with us. I just remember on our New Zealand/Australia cruise that my 3 YO grandson had a blast learning about the solar system etc.

With a very few exceptions, all mini-suites sleep 3 using the sofa bed for the third passenger. Only some mini-suites sleep four and they will have one pull down bunk bed. Other than on the Royal class Deluxe Balconies, balconies typically will sleep two or four with the third and fourth passengers having pull down bunk beds.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To Suds74

I am Platinum loyalty level on Princess and we book balcony or mini suite cabins for our cruises,so I know what I am talking about in response to your posts.

The balcony cabins have a chair. The mini suites have a sofa bed.

Mini suites are located on Dolphin and Caribe decks,and there may be some on Baja deck.

We have been in the mini suites on Dolphin and Caribe decks. Caribe deck mini suites have balconies that are a bit larger and are partially covered,giving some protection from sun and rain and a bit more privacy then the exposed balconies on Dolphin deck mini suites.

I am a bit surprised that you encountered rude and misinformed reps when calling Princess.

We always book our cruises by calling Princess . Never had a problem.

When I call to book, I always have the deck plan of the ship I am considering in front of me on a laptop so that I can follow along when I am discussing cabin selection with the

Princess rep I find this eliminates confusion about cabin type and location.

With all due respect, I have to ask if you have been calling Princess directly,or have you called a cruise wholesaler to get cabin information ?

It just seems odd to me that a Princess rep could not give correct information regarding the cabin arrangements that are concerning you.

In light of your experience so far regarding cabin types for the

Panama Canal cruise,perhaps having the assistance of a travel agent would be best for you.

I wish you and your family a most enjoyable cruise.

To Suds74

I am Platinum loyalty level on Princess and we book balcony or mini suite cabins for our cruises,so I know what I am talking about in response to your posts....

And other posters don't? MJSailors, with respect Platinum is not a particularly high level. Even I who do not cruise Princess very often am Platinum and I would expect that many of the responses that the OP has received are from Elite passengers who have cruised Princess a lot more than you and probably who I would defer to. However, your comment about chair vs sofa is exactly what was posted earlier. I just found your opening sentence rather odd, but YMMV.

Geeeez, that doesn't help with no symbols shown!

Also, when you select your cabin there is a box that lets you select your bed configuration. If it will not give you the option to change it to 'queen', with 3 in the cabin, then that is also an indicator there is no sofa sleeper & you would have the upper berth with two twins below.

Good luck, keep us posted!

And other posters don't? MJSailors, with respect Platinum is not a particularly high level. Even I who do not cruise Princess very often am Platinum and I would expect that many of the responses that the OP has received are from Elite passengers who have cruised Princess a lot more than you and probably who I would defer to. However, your comment about chair vs sofa is exactly what was posted earlier. I just found your opening sentence rather odd, but YMMV.[/quote

To Aussieflyer-

I considered whether or not to reply to your post,as I do not wish to have a verbal contest with you.

However, I would like to clarify what I wrote in the first sentence of my post.

I meant to give advice to the OP with the experience I have had on Princess cruises. Of course other CC members who have enjoyed Princess cruises would have the same information regarding cabin types. I was giving some of my background experience so the OP would know that the information I was giving was correct as opposed to the information he was given over the phone.

As to being Platinum on Princess,of course you are not aware of this because I choose not to post my cruise history at the bottom of my posts,but both my husband and I are very close to reaching Elite status on Princess. We have had experience with this cruise line,both in booking cruises with them and enjoying many of their cruise vacations.

I may be incorrect,but your reference to our Platinum level in your post may be off topic and not be helpful to the OP.

After all, isn't the purpose of contributing posts on CC to be helpful to a member that may have a question or concern about cruising ?

FYI the Caribbean is going in for up fits in March. Wonder if changes will be made in sleeping arrangements in mini suites? Try asking that question.

When you look at deck plans has it asked when you are sailing?

The only change to the Caribbean in March is the roll out of Club Class. The MA mini-suites mid ship on Dolphin deck will be recategorized as M1 Club Class and will get the new Princess beds.

So all looks good according to my cruise agent. We have mini-suite D522 on Deck 9, which has the queen setup + sofa bed, and my dad is in the mini-suite next to us.

Paid a little more to be mid-ship than I was anticipating, but that's what my dad likes, so we will go with it.

The free OBC was actually slightly better than the website showed, and the free specialty dining offer was slightly better than what I saw online as well - it showed only guest #1 and #2 getting the free specialty dining, and all three in my cabin ended up getting it.

So we are putting the deposit down tonight and we should be good to go! Time to let my boss know that I will be out of the office for eight days next year - he is not gonna be happy :)

Thanks for all the help!

~Bill

To Suds74

I am Platinum loyalty level on Princess and we book balcony or mini suite cabins for our cruises,so I know what I am talking about in response to your posts.

Mini suites are located on Dolphin and Caribe decks,and there may be some on Baja deck.

We have been in the mini suites on Dolphin and Caribe decks. Caribe deck mini suites have balconies that are a bit larger and are partially covered,giving some protection from sun and rain and a bit more privacy then the exposed balconies on Dolphin deck mini suites.

I am a bit surprised that you encountered rude and misinformed reps when calling Princess.

When I call to book, I always have the deck plan of the ship I am considering in front of me on a laptop so that I can follow along when I am discussing cabin selection with the

With all due respect, I have to ask if you have been calling Princess directly,or have you called a cruise wholesaler to get cabin information ?

It just seems odd to me that a Princess rep could not give correct information regarding the cabin arrangements that are concerning you.

Panama Canal cruise,perhaps having the assistance of a travel agent would be best for you.

Thanks for the help! My cruise agent is taking care of everything for us :) Should be a great trip!

To Suds74

The Caribbean and her eight Grand class sisters have mini-suites on Emerald deck (12 fully covered balcony minis except 18 on the Diamond and Sapphire) and Dolphin deck (fully uncovered balconies). Princess ships with mini-suites on Dolphin, Caribe and Baja decks are the Coral and Island.

To Suds74

I called Princess direct yesterday, both times - and both times we got incorrect information :(

And when I viewed the deck plans, there were no symbols to help with the planning process to determine which rooms had sofas, etc. This will be my 15th cruise, so I am fairly seasoned at researching trips for myself and my friends, but the misinformation threw me for a loop for sure.

My cruise agent Natasha took care of it all, and we are booked and good to go! Only my second cruise on Princess, with the majority of my other cruises on Royal Caribbean.

Hoping for some great food, stiff drinks and a fun experience for everyone on board :)

Thanks again for all the help!!

Bill S.

Frisco, TX

FYI the Caribbean is going in for up fits in March. Wonder if changes will be made in sleeping arrangements in mini suites? Try asking that question.

When you look at deck plans has it asked when you are sailing?

Has nothing to do with changing mini suites.

Its for the implementation of Club Class and the reclassification of cabin letter categories.

Suds-

Glad you were able to clear everything up & you can now look forward to that cruise!! You'll now need that vaca with stiff drinks after this whole ordeal with booking your cabin & posting on this site. :p

Luckily I have a Caribbean cruise on another cruise line in June - with my family and a bunch of friends. So I can relax and get ready for this trip.

Now it's time to research the Caribbean Princess, the menus, the specialty dining, tea time, excursions, the spa for my wife, wine package for me, etc. Should keep me busy during lunch time at my office!

~Bill