SUN-family balcony vs mid-ship balcony cabins

MellyMel612

Am I missing something?

I had originally booked connecting family balcony rooms on an Alaska cruise/land tour. Then we decided to DIY the land portion so when I called NCL they couldn't just remove the land portion and had to cancel and rebook our 7 day cruise. She said she couldn't get the connecting balconies back because they take a couple of hours to be released back into the system after a cancellation and the others were sold out. So we have side by side family balcony rooms. But we have teens, so location of the kids club is irrelevant. Is that the only benefit to non-connecting family balconies? The rooms appear to be identical otherwise.

Seems like I should save myself the $50 a piece and change to regular mid-ship balcony cabins, yes? They'll still be able to remove the partition on the balcony and they'll basically be connecting anyway.

Thanks!

Unless something has changed, the partitions on the balconies are not permitted to be opened on the ships. The exception is when docked in port, a cabin steward might do that for you. But it his his/her responsibility to insure it is closed again before sailing.

• 3 weeks later...

I suggest you spend the time to do a search on the subject of opening those balcony "doors" as there are ALL KINDS of answers to your question:

It isn't permitted because of "safety" reasons

We had no trouble getting the cabin attendant to open them

and on and on and ON.

Sorry, but I'm only telling you what a LOT of people HAVE SAID about this so who knows what THE answer actually is.

I suggest you spend the time to do a search on the subject of opening those balcony "doors" as there are ALL KINDS of answers to your question:

It isn't permitted because of "safety" reasons

We had no trouble getting the cabin attendant to open them

and on and on and ON.

Sorry, but I'm only telling you what a LOT of people HAVE SAID about this so who knows what THE answer actually is.

Did plenty of research on it, seemed that about 75% of the posts I saw were able to open the partition. If we can great, if not oh well. My question was really more about whether there is a difference in the 2 types of cabins.