50th Cruise - invitation to the Bridge

grumpybear

Thanks for the .pdf. I knew the dollars per level but I haven't seen it in print in a long time.

You're welcome & I had bookmarked a webpage with such information from an old Captain's Circle newsletter which unfortunately is no longer unavailable to view.

Just quickly looking through it I can see a few changes already have to be made.

Yes, I neglected to point out that some things have changed in that 4 year old course but I haven't been able to locate a newer version on the internet.

You're welcome & I had bookmarked a webpage with such information from an old Captain's Circle newsletter which unfortunately is no longer unavailable to view.

Yeah, I had a book mark for a 2009 CC news letter with the information too.. And now it's now no longer available either

Srpilo

I wrote a letter to the captain a few years ago as we were bringing our friends in their first cruise and our daughter was with us who was and engineering student. I mentioned those two facts on my letter. I heard back the next day and was invited to the bridge with about 4 others amid tight security. It was a great visit. Since the. I have worked on cruise ships and had to visit the bridge often. Still love going there

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How did you phrase your letter? Very formal, given his position, or more of a note to not take up too much of his time?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Another thing that I found different from what people are reporting - on my last cruise, I was the second most traveled passenger. The number one most traveled passenger told me that almost all her days were on P&O ships. So I don't think that they only count Princess days for most traveled.

And by the way, there was no luncheon or cocktail party for the most traveled. Instead we got a coupon for two free specialty dinners. And the cruise was 8 days, so it wasn't one of those short cruises where they routinely don't hold the parties.

Oh, and one more thing. They have changed the gift from an etched paperweight to a black box, that you can use to hold trinkets, with a picture on the front. But not necessarily of the cruise you are on. For example, I was on a Japan cruise, but no box had a picture of Japan. So I chose Santorini. In my opinion, the box is a cheaper looking gift than the etched paperweight. The old gifts are being phased out, so some ships might still have them.

Oh, and one more thing. They have changed the gift from an etched paperweight to a black box, that you can use to hold trinkets, with a picture on the front. But not necessarily of the cruise you are on. For example, I was on a Japan cruise, but no box had a picture of Japan. So I chose Santorini. In my opinion, the box is a cheaper looking gift than the etched paperweight. The old gifts are being phased out, so some ships might still have them.

Sorry to hear about the old paperweights being replaced. We never got the chance to get one. :(

The dinner sounds OK by me.....it's better than the cocktail party anyway.

I'd love to see the box they're now giving out.

Sorry to hear about the old paperweights being replaced. We never got the chance to get one. :(

The dinner sounds OK by me.....it's better than the cocktail party anyway.

I'd love to see the box they're now giving out.

I agree the dinner is much better than the cocktail party. Also, if anyone has a picture of the new gift would they please post it as we would like to see it as well.

Thanks

The number one most traveled passenger told me that almost all her days were on P&O ships. So I don't think that they only count Princess days for most traveled.

There have been several posts on other recent threads that Princess is changing their policy for most traveled passengers recognition (top 3; lunch/cocktail party) to only counting days sailed on Princess. I think that's long overdue because passengers sailing their first Princess cruise shouldn't qualify for Princess most traveled recognition based on sailing P&O.

The P&O days still count for Captain's Circle levels but not for MTP recognition.

I wonder what they'll do about the people who already passed the 500-day mark but haven't yet reached 50 cruises.

I plan to ask on our cruise in October and will post what I am told. We will hit 750 days the trip before our 50th cruise credit.

We hit our 50th cruise on our July Ruby P cruise. I asked the CC gal what we would be getting and the answer was NOTHING as they had changed the milestones policy and she 'thought' we wouldn't get anything until 750 days. We were already over 500 days (606) then. We were (for the first time ever) the most travelled Ps. We got the trinket box someone else mentioned, but also got an 8 by 10 photo. Honestly, the box looks like something you would get at a 'Dollar' store. We traded the champagne though for a really nice bottle of wine. Next time (if it ever happens again) we will trade the box also. As far as dinner instead of luncheon or cocktail party, we have gotten that mainly on shorter cruises where they don't have time to organize the other events and I understand it only goes to the top 20.

We hit our 50th cruise on our July Ruby P cruise. I asked the CC gal what we would be getting and the answer was NOTHING as they had changed the milestones policy and she 'thought' we wouldn't get anything until 750 days. We were already over 500 days (606) then. We were (for the first time ever) the most travelled Ps. We got the trinket box someone else mentioned, but also got an 8 by 10 photo. Honestly, the box looks like something you would get at a 'Dollar' store. We traded the champagne though for a really nice bottle of wine. Next time (if it ever happens again) we will trade the box also. As far as dinner instead of luncheon or cocktail party, we have gotten that mainly on shorter cruises where they don't have time to organize the other events and I understand it only goes to the top 20.

When I first heard about the boxes, I envisioned something like a decorative jewelry box that my wife might want to use on her dressing table. It sounds like a real cutback over the glass pieces they once had.:(

Answering a couple of issues I noticed while reading this thread.

If you travel out of Australia or the Orient with one Captain, you can expect nothing in the way of cocktail party or luncheon as top 40 MTP. He is totally anti social and doesn't seem to like people. We experienced this last year on three cruises (B2B2B) for a total of 28 days. We were the most traveled and he could not be bothered to even shake our hands. WE got the coupon(s)-No party or luncheon.

Many of our cruises prior to 2005 were with P&O so many days of our 1500 were P&O Days. In April we were aboard the Caribbean Princess and all days and cruises were counted. We returned to the Caribbean Princess in June and were told that the way of counting days had changed. WE now have a little over 1200 days. 113 cruises and would like to see another "special cruise" treatment that we received for #100. Maybe the new method will come into play when we board the Ruby for our upcoming cruise?

We hit our 50th cruise on our July Ruby P cruise. I asked the CC gal what we would be getting and the answer was NOTHING as they had changed the milestones policy and she 'thought' we wouldn't get anything until 750 days. We were already over 500 days (606) then. We were (for the first time ever) the most travelled Ps. We got the trinket box someone else mentioned, but also got an 8 by 10 photo.

Were there any trinkets inside the box?

What dinner?

Keith, I believe the poster was referring to when the captain decides to not have a cocktail party or luncheon for the top 40 MTP's they are given a voucher to have dinner in one of the specialty restaurants.

Wally

How did you phrase your letter? Very formal, given his position, or more of a note to not take up too much of his time?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Quite formally. I found out his name at the front desk and wrote it as I would a business letter (if there are many of those around these days). Made it quite short and too the point. Also ended "yours sincerely ". I left it at the front desk addressed to him

Terry

We took 2 British Isles cruises, back-to-back, on Caribbean Princess beginning July 12th. At check-in our cruise card had dates July 12 - Aug 5, 2017 on it so I assumed I would not get a different card at the beginning of the second segment of the back to back as had been the case on a previous back to back on the Regal Princess.. The card also showed we had 48 cruise credits up to the start of this cruise. Since we had booked a suite we would earn 2 cruise credits on each cruise. The lady at the check-in counter told us we would have 50 cruise credits at the end of the first cruise.

The night before the first segment ended we were given new cruise cards that had the dates July 24- Aug 5 and had 49 cruise credits rather than 50. The Captain's Circle representative said that was because the system onboard that makes the cards can not tell if you are in a suite or not or if you are sailing solo.

On the second segment of the b2b, which would be our 51st and 52nd cruise credits we received the same $75 loyalty onboard credit that we got on the first segment. That tells me that the amount won't increase to $100 until the next cruise.

Even though we had 50 cruise credits when we began the second segment, there was no invitation to the bridge or any other acknowledgement that we had reached a milestone. I was led to believe that such rewards would be based on days aboard rather than on cruise credits. I was not told what the rewards would be or the number of days needed to earn a reward.