WARNING - With a happy ending

RNGALNG

Be thankful you were calling from. N. America -in the UK it costs to call so 8 long calls would probably be the cost of the OBC. Didn't want to quote but the quick reply put it in and on the tablet I couldn't lose it so sorry

Got

My husband and I got back from our annual winter warm up cruise a few weeks ago. We thought we would both be retired by now so booked B2B2B- a total of 22 days. While on the first leg of our fantastic time in the Caribbean, we decided to book a Trans Atlantic this fall with some new friends. All four of us went to the future cruise office to make it all happen. At the same time, we all asked for more future cruise credits. DH and I wanted two apiece and our friends each wanted one. We still had one in our 'bank' to use to book the TA. The officer took great care of us and was very efficient. She put our paperwork aside for the FCCs, saying she would deal with it later as there were many more people waiting to see her. That night, or the next day, we received in our mailbox an envelope with our names on it. I opened it just a bit and saw that it was from her and had up at the heading, something about our future cruise. I did not take it out and read the paperwork. (Here is the warning!) I put the envelope in the folder to take home with us. OPEN AND READ THESE. DON'T PUT AWAY!

Forward about 20 days later when we are home and looking through all the papers and stuff one always accumulates while on a cruise. The envelope is opened to see that yes, there is the paperwork for our next cruise, but nothing about the FCCs.

I go to my Princess profile and they are not there either. DH looks at the VISA bill and we weren't charged.

As we were discovering all this, we had decided what we would do for next winters cruising and were ready to book. (We like to do so early so we can pick the room of our choice.)

So, I gathered all my information and paper work and started to call Princess. Each time (there were 8 calls back and forth) I got on the phone with them, got the name of the person 'helping' me, the time the call started, and the length of the call. I kept a calm voice each time, explained the story each time, walking each person to the latest chapter and how things were still not correct.

I am happy to say that after those 8 calls, we got our FCCs, have booked our winter 2018 cruises, using the FCCs, and, I think because I kept my cool, we were given some extra onboard credit for our time, and an apology for it taking so much of our time.

Lessons learned- Always, ALWAYS read those papers in the envelopes! Get things taken care of before you disembark at the end of your cruise.

If something does happen, and you need to call Princess about it, have your facts in front of you, keep calm, and walk them through it. Keep records as it just might take more than one call. If you are not happy with the representative you are speaking with, ask to talk to a supervisor. Never raise your voice.

All is as it should be, we are happy with the outcome and have chastised ourselves for not looking at those papers when we got them.

Princess- sorry I messed up too. Thank you for understanding and talking care of it for us!

This is great advice. Thanks for posting it. I had a similar problem recently. The Future Cruise Consultant mixed up our FCC bookings and gave my husband 1 and me 2. It was supposed to be the other way around and it was correct on the paper I submitted.

It was an easy mistake to fix and she realized it once we brought it to her attention. BUT, had I not opened the FCC envelope, I would've gotten home and had to deal with this. So much easier to do it while you're onboard! :)

So, I'm just a few days away from my first cruise, and I was wanting to buy future cruise deposit for myself and my aunty as I want to treat her to a cruise in 2019. She won't be on the ship with me on this first cruise. Does that mean I can't buy one for her?

So, I'm just a few days away from my first cruise, and I was wanting to buy future cruise deposit for myself and my aunty as I want to treat her to a cruise in 2019. She won't be on the ship with me on this first cruise. Does that mean I can't buy one for her?
I hope I'm wrong. I think she has to be on the cruise with you in order to buy the FCD for her.

Tony

Correct. You can only purchase them in the names of people that are on the cruise with you.