My time dining and tips

spoilt

I am a bit confused. We have opted for my time dining. We intend to take our tips off when we board and tip whoever we want. Are we still able to do this. If not can we change to set dining ? We go 1st may.

Yes, you can still remove tips.

I am a bit confused. We have opted for my time dining. We intend to take our tips off when we board and tip whoever we want. Are we still able to do this. If not can we change to set dining ? We go 1st may.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very poor plan. If you do that, anyone you tip in cash must turn it in or face dismissal. Much better to leave the automatic tips in place and just give extra to those you feel deserve it.

I know everyone has their own reason but since RCL introduced MTD some years ago and pre paid tips came in We liked it. Takes away having to stuff envelopes with cash and the awkward feeling of handing it out.

We do tip extra occasionally with the extra envelopes for any service we find above and beyond. Dining staff have not been awarded our extra dollars in recent cruises, mostly a particular bar man and room steward.

On other cruises we have took tips off and tipped ourselves in the envelopes. We intend to do this. Just wondering if you were able to on my time dining

With My Time Dining, you'll most likely have different servers every night, you'll be tipping both the waiter and assistant waiting every night? Seems like a hassle, not mention all the behind-the-scenes workers are getting shafted. What of your room attendant?

There is zero reason to remove he tips and it only creates more work for the staff if you do. Furthermore by doing so you stiff the behind the scenes staff who are making your stay enjoyable despite not interacting with you personally

Leave them as is and give extra to those you feel have earned it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes.

Questions for Bob,

How would the room stewards and wait staff get a list of cabins who took off their tips? And why would they be given such a list?

We always prepay and then give extra to those who earned it at the end of our cruise, so just wondering.

Questions for Bob,

How would the room stewards and wait staff get a list of cabins who took off their tips? And why would they be given such a list?

We always prepay and then give extra to those who earned it at the end of our cruise, so just wondering.

They have a printout of all their guests, with names, C&A level, tip status, etc. I would expect that the printout gets updated when something changes.