Table Size Request

hlauburn

What is the best way to request a table size - can you make a note on the reservation when you book or is it best to do it with the Maître D once you board?

My anti-social kids (and husband) want to sit at a table with just the 4 of us this time around.

We booked through a travel agent almost a year ago and I know he asked our dining time preference but I can't remember if they ask about table size.

Thanks!

Over the years of our cruising, The carnival vacation planner has always told us that we need to talk to the maître d'. Was never told about the emails to the different maitre d's on the ships, so I learnt something on your tread thanks👍

Dining assignments are done the week before your sailing, so if you're going to email the MaitreD, do it then. If it's sooner, that person might be gone by then, or it could get lost in the shuffle.

You cannot request your table size when you make your reservation whether through a TA, PVP, online, or by calling the 800 number. They do not have that option like other cruise lines. I wish they did.

Making the request with the Maitre d ahead of time is the better option. Send them an e-mail with # of guests and your guest list with cabin numbers. Sometimes they'll grant your request prior to final payment date, sometimes they'll tell you to follow-up after final payment date. They will put a note in the system so the person doing the dinner assignments will see it. I recommend following up a week or two before your cruise to confirm it's been done. Good luck!

From a previous poster:

E-mail eventplanning@carnival.com and wait a few days for a response. If no response keep following up and add the XXsupper@carnival.com and XXmaitred@carnival.com variations below.

Replace the two XXs in the partial email address with the ship's abbreviation from the list below and that will give you the email address for the maitre d'.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48831124

E-mail 1) eventplanning@carnival.com

E-mail 2) XXsupper@carnival.com

E-mail 3) XXmaitred@carnival.com

Carnival Ship Abbreviations

FA = Fantasy

FS = Fascination

EC = Ecstasy

SE = Sensation

IS = Inspiration

IM = Imagination

EL = Elation

PA = Paradise

SP = Spirit

PR = Pride

LE = Legend

MI= Miracle

DE = Destiny

TI = Triumph

VI = Victory

CQ = Conquest

GL = Glory

LI = Liberty

VA = Valor

FD = Freedom

SL = Splendor

DR = Dream

MC = Magic

BR = Breeze

SH = Sunshine

I confirmed with an Assistant MaitreD that if you want to request a certain sized table or specific waitstaff, that assignments are done the week before the cruise. Some MaitreDs are better about replying to emails than others. You need to include your name, cabin number, booking number, and how many in your party along with your request. They don't guarantee they can honor it, but I've had decent success.

Final payment has nothing to do with when they assign your tables as it's always the week before you cruise. Waitlist clearing for a specific dining time is done for the most part weeks ahead of time depending on when you book.

Final payment has nothing to do with when they assign your tables as it's always the week before you cruise. Waitlist clearing for a specific dining time is done for the most part weeks ahead of time depending on when you book.

See below..

Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2017 11:15 AM

To: xxxxx@hotmail.com

Cc: vsmaitred@carnival.com; vssupper@carnival.com; eventplanning@carnival.com; weddings@carnival.com

Subject: Wedding Party 6:00pm Dinner Table Reservation - Carnival Vista June 11th 2017 Booking xxx [incident: 170108-001045]

carnival-logo%20png.ashx

Good day Derrick,

Thanks for your request for dining.

Please contact the dining department on or after the final payment date of 03/28/17.

We will be able to assist with your request at that time. Congratulations and hope to speak with you or hear from you then.

Have a good week end.

Everton Christie

Group Dining Coordinator

Carnival Cruise Line 3655 NW 87th Avenue Miami, FL 33178

p: 305.599.2600 Ext. 71150| f: 305.406.7348

550981400_VistaReply.jpg.998803e5a598fef2703c3c0c1ceee90d.jpg

See below..

Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2017 11:15 AM

To: xxxxx@hotmail.com

Cc: vsmaitred@carnival.com; vssupper@carnival.com; eventplanning@carnival.com; weddings@carnival.com

Subject: Wedding Party 6:00pm Dinner Table Reservation - Carnival Vista June 11th 2017 Booking xxx [incident: 170108-001045]

carnival-logo%20png.ashx

Good day Derrick,

Thanks for your request for dining.

Please contact the dining department on or after the final payment date of 03/28/17.

We will be able to assist with your request at that time. Congratulations and hope to speak with you or hear from you then.

Have a good week end.

Everton Christie

Group Dining Coordinator

Carnival Cruise Line 3655 NW 87th Avenue Miami, FL 33178

p: 305.599.2600 Ext. 71150| f: 305.406.7348

Wedding parties I would think are treated differently than other guests.

John Heald takes these requests on his Facebook page 4 days before you sail. Be sure to include your cabin number and whether you have early or late dining.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Really?? How do you contact him? By FB message?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are an extended family of 12 cruising together. We are selecting YTD. Is it possible to get a table for 12?

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

If you can, you will probably have to wait quiet a while to get it. My biggest concern about YTD with a large group is how you all will decide what time to eat each evening. IMO, it would be a daily hassle to get that many folks opinions each day. I believe if you wish to dine together each night, you would be much better off with a assigned time.

If you can, you will probably have to wait quiet a while to get it. My biggest concern about YTD with a large group is how you all will decide what time to eat each evening. IMO, it would be a daily hassle to get that many folks opinions each day. I believe if you wish to dine together each night, you would be much better off with a assigned time.

I'm sure you're right. This is worse than herding cats. I may just buy the drink package and say the heck with it.[emoji2]

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app