Dress slacks and polo shirt on formal night?

flasaltwater63

Ok so weve cruised several times but since the last time we went to a formal dinner my husband has packed on some pounds he's wearing a 4xl he 6"4 so hes just a big guy none of his shirts fit, all we can find are polos that fit. Will they let him in if he's in dress pants with a polo shirt?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I was at Walmart this evening but they had nothing for him. I could probably go to another walmart but to be honest im done we leave Friday and with work and trying to get packed I just figured if he can wear a polo then I would stop looking.

I was at Walmart this evening but they had nothing for him. I could probably go to another walmart but to be honest im done we leave Friday and with work and trying to get packed I just figured if he can wear a polo then I would stop looking.

No worries. He won't be turned away.

Yeah I know he has a really nice white dress shirt he bought but it is 5x so I tried to shrink it but it didn't really shrink so it went back into the closet. He usually buys his clothes from king Size but we waited to late, we ship out Friday his polos are pretty nice. Were going with that l.

Amazon has everything. And you'll have zero problems getting into MDR for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tough to buy clothes on Amazon unless it's a brand you know your size in....I wear xl or 2xl depending on the brand..and for some brands 2xl doesn't fit... I'll only buy clothes on Amazon if it's cheaper than the store or if they have a color the store didn't. In this case it sounds like the store doesn't have a shirt that fits him so he doesn't even know what size to order.

Try goodwill or JC Penny if you have those. I am always ruining clothes. I buy from goodwill all the time. I can score Khakis and polos for .99 each. You can't tell they the difference then something from the store. Although men's clothes are about 1/8 the size of the women's selections. I have seen larger sizes at our location.

Is there a big&tall specialty store in your area?
Big and Tall stores are SOOOOO expensive!
Yes, they certainly are for the most part. If there is a K & G in your area, they are reasonable. If not, any JC Penney will have large sizes. The best thing is to check out their clearance stuff online and have it shipped to your local store. Many times there are promo codes for additional savings and free shipping to your address as well.

If you go in looking nice they aren't going to say anything. I have seen people in all sorts of different things on and for the most part have not seen them turn away people. I am NOT a suit person I usually do my dress pants and a good polo or a button down shirt. The tie part is hit or miss, I hate the feeling of them being on, feels like a weak person trying to strangle me all night. Once dinner is over we usually end up back at the room with us changing and being comfortable all night lol.

I just picked up a NICE button down shirt from DXL a couple weeks ago. Grabbed it off their clearance rack and ended up paying like $25 for a $90+ dollar shirt. Was extremely comfortable.

We were on the Breeze last week and on the second elegant night a man at the table next to us was wearing a baseball cap, T-shirt, camouflage shorts, and flip flops.

Was on the NCL Escape a few weeks ago and saw multi generational family with both men in baseball caps, shorts and sneakers. The younger one of course had his on backwards. And this was in Cagney's, their for fee steakhouse.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app