Teenage Sons in room accross the Hall and Free promotion

LeDemonBlond

We just booked a Cruise on Getaway for next year. When I called NCL, I indicated about having a mini-suite for me and my wife and an inside cabin across the Hall from us for my 17 year old sons. The NCL rep indicated that would be fine as they allow that. She mentioned they do this all the time but would need a supervisor to override the reservation on the inside cabin. After she found the rooms, she put me on hold while she would ask the supervisor for the override. After 3-4 minutes, she came back on the line and indicated that due to the promotion, they no longer would allow under 21's to be in a room without an adult in the arrangement we were asking for. We can of course when on the ship, get cards cut so we can have the sleep arrangement we want.

That meant that the reservation on the inside has me and one son and the mini-suite has my wife and other son. It also meant that for the reservation, that me and my son would get 1 freebie and my wife and other son would get 2.

I'm perfectly fine with this. Very happy about our rooms and looking forward to the trip.

However, just curious if others have been told the same message. That with these promotions, they no longer allow the room arrangement we were asking for? I know on the NCL site, they do indicate that anyone under 21 has to have someone over 21 in the room. Was the rep wrong when she indicated that they could accommodate our original request prior to the promotions being offered?

Regards

Yes, other people have been told the same thing in the last few months, that they no longer allow people to book rooms with only under 21's in them. But it's surprising that they would admit to you that the change in policy was specifically linked to the promotional offer. In other words, people loved being able to choose the UBP for the adults' room and a different perk for the kids' room, and so NCL put a stop to it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Just one comment about the inside rooms across the hall from the balcony rooms. I agree, for the most part, to get to the inside rooms, one has to take a separate hallway so its not that close. However, there are pockets where essentially the inside room is a very short distance from the balcony cabin. In our case, were in room 11824 and our sons would be in 11635. The hallway to get to the inside cabin is directly across the hall from our cabin. The 1st cabin when entering the hallway would be 11635. A few extra steps for sure.

When we were on the breakaway a couple of years ago, we were on deck 13 and our balcony cabin was 13128, our sons were in13425. In that case, we were even closer with how the hallway was set up and where the door was positioned for 13425. In fact, it was really only about 4-5 yards between the cabin doors.

... it's surprising that they would admit to you that the change in policy was specifically linked to the promotional offer...

I think the more likely scenario is the OP got a PCC inexperienced with doing this recently and thought she could still book the kids in one room with supervisor's approval as they did this commonly earlier. But when she tried it was denied, as per the new rule. Rather than admit she was wrong she blamed the denial on the promotion.

Thanks for the feedback.

Just one comment about the inside rooms across the hall from the balcony rooms. I agree, for the most part, to get to the inside rooms, one has to take a separate hallway so its not that close. However, there are pockets where essentially the inside room is a very short distance from the balcony cabin. In our case, were in room 11824 and our sons would be in 11635. The hallway to get to the inside cabin is directly across the hall from our cabin. The 1st cabin when entering the hallway would be 11635. A few extra steps for sure.

When we were on the breakaway a couple of years ago, we were on deck 13 and our balcony cabin was 13128, our sons were in13425. In that case, we were even closer with how the hallway was set up and where the door was positioned for 13425. In fact, it was really only about 4-5 yards between the cabin doors.

So your room is across the hall from the back of their room so you will hear if there are any wild party's. LOL, just kidding.