NCL Cruise Traditions

Specially_K

I'm not sure how it started but for many years now we always go to Teppanyaki for dinner on the first night.

Tracy

:D That is also one of our traditions, I think only one time we did not make it the first night.

We also like to go to Cagney's the last night but then we also like to go there the 2nd night ;)

We have been fortunate to all but once have a suite so getting to go have lunch on embarkation in the Suite restaurant is also a tradition and oddly I rarely get back there except debarkation morning having breakfast. DH will often go have breakfast and lunch there without me. I just cannot eat that many meals a day.

The newest tradition is taking the kids for a soft ice-cream and cookie after 10pm pick up at Splash (3 hours past normal bedtime on dry land). So much fun to throw schedule out the window while cruising :)

Love this! Ours are way too old for it now but we'll be keeping it in mind for the grandchildren :) That's the sort of thing kids remember many years later.

We have dinner in LeBistro on the first night. It is the only night they allow shorts

in their restaurant (in case people haven't gotten their suitcases).

We always go out on our deck right before bedtime to do some stargazing.

I have sailed down the Hudson out of New York around 20 times, so far, and weather permitting, am always topside to attend the sailaway party...

And on NCL, it is an NCL tradition on every NCL ship that sails out of New York, as the ship sails by The Statue, they play Lee Greeenwood's stirring rendition of this.....

It never gets old......

Ours is a little different. Due to ALL the wonderful food we tend to eat on our cruise, my DW and I will run the equivalent of a marathon or more during the week. We also take a brisk walk after our evening meal.

MDR for lunch the first day after boarding. I used to always order steak, but they changed the menus. The MDR tradition lives on.

My wife can't handle stairs well, so we're always early to muster, since we take the elevators before they turn them off. You can meet a lot of other old farts this way! We've actually arrived before the staff a time or two. That confuses them!

I track our progress with my GPS (there's one in your mobile phone, probably) and map it when we get home. It's also interesting to watch our speed with the GPS - I correctly predicted we were heading back to Houston early based on our speed (the Captain announced it that evening.) There's something charming about 25mph or so being considered "speeding."

You can do the same thing with the nav channel on the TV. We watch it all the time.

Dinner at Cagney's the last night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We always order a Blue Lagoon in one of the outside bars before the muster drill. Our next cruise will be on MSC and I haven't seen it on any of their menus but I'm sure we can get it anyway. (I will bring a recipy just in case.)

We always stay one night at the airport before a cruise and we always drink Champagne in our room.