Shareholder Benefit

biomedbob

We've used this OB credit benefit for many years. You have to prove you own a minimum of 100 shares of the RCL common stock.

I looked today at what it closed at yesterday, and was surprised it would cost almost $10,000. to buy that number of shares.

We got on board with the stock back in late 2001 when it was trading for around $4.35/share!

Way to go RCL!

We booked thru an online TA that is known for offering free gratuities for our next two upcoming cruises. The catch is that they don't appear to give you the balcony discount so it's really kind of a wash. The price thru the TA is about the same price as if I booked thru Royal and prepaid my gratuities.

However, we have a balcony cabin on our cruise coming up in May and a JS on a 12 night cruise immediately following the 1st one. Because we did NOT get the balcony discount, we are eligible for a $100 OBC for the 1st 7 night cruise and $200 OBC for the 2nd 12 night cruise using the 100 shares of stock RCL shareholder benefit.

Tim

• 1 year later...

Yes, for RCL shareholders, if we bought a cabin from either Celebrity or RCL with a discount on the crown and anchor (CAS) sale or flash sale, whatever how much the discount is, they will not grant the shareholders’ benefits ONBOARD credit. Usually the CAS discount amount is much lesser than the shareholders benefit amounts. RCL is big different from Princess shareholders benefit which they are all combinable. So why people still keep the RCL stock if we don’t have that benefit