all the blank space next to the aft suite on CB?

Blue and Green

We booked D737 on Caribbean Princess this summer. Looking at the deck plan, I'm wondering... what is all the blank space surrounding the cabin? A search brought up some info about HVAC and fan noise. Is this going to be a problem?

Large white areas, as between the two sets of mini-suites on Dolphin usually indicate a crew area, usually on a higher deck for storage of stewards requirements. In Gala it would be crew quarters and probably also on Plaza at the stern.

The two doored off areas "outside" to 736 and 737 look too small to be of any use for storage. If you are concerned then get in touch with Princess and ask what those spaces are used for.

We booked D737 on Caribbean Princess this summer. Looking at the deck plan, I'm wondering... what is all the blank space surrounding the cabin? A search brought up some info about HVAC and fan noise. Is this going to be a problem?

Yes, the large blank space in between cabins D734 and D735 is an HVAC fan room. I don't think there would be much noise from there unless there is a bad fan bearing or you are especially sensitive to noise.

I think those areas outboard of your cabin are stairwells.

Yes, the large blank space in between cabins D734 and D735 is an HVAC fan room. I don't think there would be much noise from there unless there is a bad fan bearing or you are especially sensitive to noise.

I think those areas outboard of your cabin are stairwells.

Correct on both counts.