Allure Grand Suite

madimorg

I have just upgraded my bump out balcony cabin to a Grand Suite cabin. Please give me insight as to what this gains us please.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great decision, you will love it! I can't stress enough how awesome the concierge lounge and Coastal Kitchen were. They are worth the upgrade alone. You will have complimentary drinks starting at 11 am (beer, wine, champagne) and from 5:30 to 8:30 hors doerves and cocktails are included.

Coastal Kitchen was phenomenal! I had read some mixed reviews so I didn't plan to go as much as I did. I wish we had eaten there every night! The menu changed daily and service was just ridiculously good. Ask for the waited named Inout (Johnny) from Romania. He was so attentive and eager to please. We didn't want for anything when in the Coastal Kitchen. Johnny had our drinks chilled and ready to go before we even sat down.

If you're going to Labadee you will get to use the private beach which wasn't crowded at all. There was plenty of chairs and shade. The lunch was delicious and we were served our drinks all day. The rest of Labadee was very crowded.

Priority embarkation and disembarkation were a breeze. I think we were the first people at the pool after we boarded and we got to coast right through customs on the last day.

Enjoy! I can't wait to go back!

Coastal Kitchen was phenomenal! I had read some mixed reviews so I didn't plan to go as much as I did. I wish we had eaten there every night! The menu changed daily and service was just ridiculously good. Ask for the waited named Inout.

Totally agree, Inout was outstanding we loved hanging out in CK and SL and you will too. Only downside is now you are hooked on full suites and you won't ever want to do back.

We found everybody who worked in the CK and SL outstanding.

Royal is re-classifying the suites into different suite classes! It's really confusing because the Sky Loft is/was Star Class and under the new classification, it will be Sky Class! Same with 2 bedroom Aqua Theatre suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royal is re-classifying the suites into different suite classes! It's really confusing because the Sky Loft is/was Star Class and under the new classification, it will be Sky Class! Same with 2 bedroom Aqua Theatre suites.

I have a Sky Loft suite booked on Allure for Oct 1 and I'm going to be pissed if I don't get the Star amenities, as that's why I booked that room....

That's crazy. That will mean only 3-4 cabins will be Star Class. What will all the Royal Genies do? Or will they expand the benefit of Sky Class (somehow I doubt it)?

Coastal Kitchen was phenomenal! I had read some mixed reviews so I didn't plan to go as much as I did. I wish we had eaten there every night! The menu changed daily and service was just ridiculously good. Ask for the waited named Inout (Johnny) from Romania. He was so attentive and eager to please. We didn't want for anything when in the Coastal Kitchen.

Agree 100% CK is awesome - we did not eat in the MDR at all on a 10 night cruise!

Be prepared to ONLY travel in a GS from now on!

Craig

Citation please?

I have a sky loft booked for August. I'll lose my mind if they try and reclassify it.

Given the price of the sky lofts and 2bed room ATS I think they should qualify as star class

Bob - at the end of this flyer the date is 10/21/16. We were on Allure in November and Harmony this month and the STAR class hadn't changed. Do you know when the implementation date is?

Someone else posted that the changes will not effect currently booked cruises.

so you spend $14k on a room now and don't get Star class. wow :rolleyes:....yes that was how much the Aqua Th suite was for our July cruise...I didn't book it.

• 2 months later...

We've spoken to numerous people at RC about this issue. We have a Sky Loft booked for January 2018, which we have been informed has been reclassified as Sky instead of Star. They will not do anything and have only offered us a $50 on-board voucher. I am furious and don't know what to do. This was booked LAST YEAR, way before any reclassification. The absurdity of this situation and the unprofessionalism of some of the customer service is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't know what to do.

We've spoken to numerous people at RC about this issue. We have a Sky Loft booked for January 2018, which we have been informed has been reclassified as Sky instead of Star. They will not do anything and have only offered us a $50 on-board voucher. I am furious and don't know what to do. This was booked LAST YEAR, way before any reclassification. The absurdity of this situation and the unprofessionalism of some of the customer service is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't know what to do.

Like I stated on your other thread, the reclassification comes into effect after your sailing date. You are not losing anything.

I have a Sky Loft suite booked on Allure for Oct 1 and I'm going to be pissed if I don't get the Star amenities, as that's why I booked that room....

The changes do not apply until next year. The implementation dates were tied into the release of next years cruises.

The current Sky Lofts, 1718 and 1720 on Oasis/Allure, will be called Star Loft and they will still be in Star Class Suites. I have been through this with Royal on the phone and Next Cruise sales onboard the Oasis.

Great decision, you will love it! I can't stress enough how awesome the concierge lounge and Coastal Kitchen were. They are worth the upgrade alone. You will have complimentary drinks starting at 11 am (beer, wine, champagne) and from 5:30 to 8:30 hors doerves and cocktails are included.

Coastal Kitchen was phenomenal! I had read some mixed reviews so I didn't plan to go as much as I did. I wish we had eaten there every night! The menu changed daily and service was just ridiculously good. Ask for the waited named Inout (Johnny) from Romania. He was so attentive and eager to please. We didn't want for anything when in the Coastal Kitchen. Johnny had our drinks chilled and ready to go before we even sat down.

If you're going to Labadee you will get to use the private beach which wasn't crowded at all. There was plenty of chairs and shade. The lunch was delicious and we were served our drinks all day. The rest of Labadee was very crowded.

Priority embarkation and disembarkation were a breeze. I think we were the first people at the pool after we boarded and we got to coast right through customs on the last day.

Enjoy! I can't wait to go back!

Wow sounds awesome.