Silk Harvest

takichum

I too was disappointed to find that Silk Harvest (which we enjoyed on Equinox) was not on Silhouette when we sailed her this past January but we decided to give Qsine a try and it was really fun (we were a group of 8 so were able to see and taste much of the menu.) Maybe it gets "old" after a while but for us it was the highlight meal of that cruise!

We have a group of 24 on Eclipse to Baltic in July. Mostly people we have met on previous cruises. We are all in various cabins, some AQ, some suite, some OV etc. so will not be able to dine together. Could Qsine take a table of 24?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The dreaded Qsine is on Silhouette. We tried it twice, first on Silhouette, then on Eclipse. Never again!

LOVE, LOVE, Silk Harvest. We went twice on Equinox this February and really wish they would bring it to all other S class ships. Only other ship is Solstice. Maybe if Sushi fails (we don't like that either, miss our crepes), they can replace it with Silk. The staff and food in this specialty was perfect, it was relaxing and we loved all the choices.

That being said, so many like Qsine. We just don't like the concept or the abundance of food that they give you. Did it with friends and it was okay but, no more. I'd rather do Tuscan in place.

To those who love it, enjoy! Maybe time for a Lawn Club Grill on all S ships also???

ONLY MY OPINION FOLKS. No need to slam.:halo:

Fortunately silk harvest isn't on the silhouette. It's the only specialty restaurant on celebrity we refuse to pay anything extra for since it's no better than our local Asian take out restaurants. It's very Americanized Asian food. Otoh, we enjoy Qsine every so often because it's fun.

Different strokes for different folks.

Fortunately silk harvest isn't on the silhouette. It's the only specialty restaurant on celebrity we refuse to pay anything extra for since it's no better than our local Asian take out restaurants. It's very Americanized Asian food. Otoh, we enjoy Qsine every so often because it's fun.

Different strokes for different folks.

Agree

It is a travesty for Celebrity to charge EXTRA for type of food served in Silk Harvest..... Quality is the lowest Asian food I have seen..like you said,equal to local TAKE OUT Asian restaurants,but on lower end

Another vote for Qsine. It's fun and the food is very good. Silk Harvest I thought was meh. On the ships with Silk Harvest and without Qsine I would do Tuscan and Murano and skip Silk Harvest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Save your money and skip Tuscan Grill. Tuscan Grill has new menu with less service and, incredibly, some extra up-charge items on the menu in addition to the price of the meal. Murano, however, has remained constant and imho actually worth some extra $'s.

reilly1, They might not be able to accommodate a table of 24 but will split you into 2 groups. You will have to make reservations for this and it is something those in a suite might be able to arrange through MC Concierge. They might also ask you to come at different times, 30 minutes apart for example.

We really like Silk H and think it's one of the best restaurants on X...

Surprisingly we enjoyed Q sine on Inf...a bit quirky, the i pad thing not used...but the food itself was amazing...would probably not go again...but glad we tried it.

We also enjoyed Tuscan...new menu was better than we anticipated..

Save your money and skip Tuscan Grill. Tuscan Grill has new menu with less service and, incredibly, some extra up-charge items on the menu in addition to the price of the meal. Murano, however, has remained constant and imho actually worth some extra $'s.

Had one of best filets (twice) in Tuscan on recent Equinox. Even wife who rarely eats steaks loved it. Murano was great, Silk meh