??? For Frequent San Pedro Cruisers

Thrak

Reviving an old thread but...

Looks like I'll have to hustle as the flight has now been changed to 11:15. GAH! Apparently there's no way to change it to the 3:15 flight. I used Alaska Airlines miles to book Delta flights as they were partners. Delta has changed the flight but neither Delta nor Alaska Airlines can change the booking as they are no longer partners and each says there is nothing they can do. Looks like I will have to be first to disembark and hustle my butt to the airport. Hopefully we make it in time. I'll have to count on Sunday being an easier day to make the trip and either contact Uber and have a car waiting or else grab the first taxi I can get.

I think I'll take the miles I have with Alaska Airlines and book my flight to and from FLL next March and then dump the card and get one that's more flexible. Stupid airlines really p|$$ me off with their changes. :mad:

I just booked an October cruise on Ruby that ends at this port on Oct. 7th. Princess's recommendation on their website is to book flights departing at 12:30 pm or later. From what I've read on other postings how many other ships are in port may have an impact on how smoothly things go.

Looks like I'll have to hustle as the flight has now been changed to 11:15. GAH! Apparently there's no way to change it to the 3:15 flight. I used Alaska Airlines miles to book Delta flights as they were partners. Delta has changed the flight but neither Delta nor Alaska Airlines can change the booking as they are no longer partners and each says there is nothing they can do. Looks like I will have to be first to disembark and hustle my butt to the airport. Hopefully we make it in time. I'll have to count on Sunday being an easier day to make the trip and either contact Uber and have a car waiting or else grab the first taxi I can get.

I think I'll take the miles I have with Alaska Airlines and book my flight to and from FLL next March and then dump the card and get one that's more flexible. Stupid airlines really p|$$ me off with their changes. :mad:

You should still be fine. Last time I disembarked at San Pedro on a Sunday, I was putting the kettle on back home in San Diego (about a 2hr drive from the port) around 11AM and I didn't even make use of the early walk off.

You will probably be OK, BUT (the big but), be aware that LAX is currently doing construction and that may impact the time required for you get to the terminal that you need to get to for your departing flight. Our experience is that LAX is not friendly for getting into or out of even without construction.

Anybody had experience with flying into and out of Long Beach Airport? I'm thinking about doing that rather than LAX. SWA does it with only a change in Oakland and BAGS FLY FREE (lol). However, on disembarkation, the last flight of the day is 11:25 a.m. Any problems getting that flight?

Any information will be appreciated.

I love Long Beach airport. It's small and nothing like the craziness that LAX often has. Flying directly there from SFO is a breeze.