Sip & Stream booking last week caused RCCL system to cancel my fully paid cruise res

My Sip & Stream package was much better than your offer. I paid $48/day, so I received VOOM for free. My previous drink package alone was $49/day. When I saw the offer, I thought they must be having a problem getting people to book VOOM and put out this great discount, so people can see how good their internet works. Remember how sloooow it was 10 years ago.

I got the drink package at $42/day (25% off) and the streaming package at $7/day (50% off). Both pretty good deals so I'm happy with what I have. And even 4 years ago, the internet was crazy slow. This will be my first time with the new internet service, so we'll see ...

Are you on the Anthem too? Is it March 5 or 12?

We are on the Anthem March 5th. Finally last night around 6pm we were informed cruise was reinstated (again) but with a new booking # . We were advised not to rebook drink pkg online. But to wait till we board. There goes the "deal" of sip & stream. Also now need to redo checkin online, etc with new #. But not yet, wait till they send new confirm. Things just keep getting worse with only 4 days till boarding.

We are on the Anthem March 5th. Finally last night around 6pm we were informed cruise was reinstated (again) but with a new booking # . We were advised not to rebook drink pkg online. But to wait till we board. There goes the "deal" of sip & stream. Also now need to redo checkin online, etc with new #. But not yet, wait till they send new confirm. Things just keep getting worse with only 4 days till boarding.

I am on your sailing. Best of luck. Make sure you get an email that says you are going to get Internet & deluxe package for whatever the price should be because I can just about guarantee they will look at you like you have 4 heads at first

And even 4 years ago, the internet was crazy slow. This will be my first time with the new internet service, so we'll see ...

Unless you are on an O3B equipped ship, don't expect much of an improvement.

My Sip & Stream package was much better than your offer. I paid $48/day, so I received VOOM for free. My previous drink package alone was $49/day. When I saw the offer, I thought they must be having a problem getting people to book VOOM and put out this great discount, so people can see how good their internet works. Remember how sloooow it was 10 years ago.

Just to clarify - If I switched to the Sip & Stream package, I would be saving $7 total for the whole week. I wouldn't call the Sip & Stream "much better". Certainly not worth the risk of the problems discussed here, imo.

I think they were saying that the drink package was $49 a day plus they would have to pay for Internet which is around $82 dollars for the week. And with the sip and stream it was only $48 a day for everything so I think she saving about $100 with taxes and everything. I did the same thing, but I contacted customer service to change it. I think I might be glad I did.

BUT since I reread the last entry after a cup of coffee, I see where it wouldn't have been a good choice for you!!

Edited by missaud
Additional writing

Just posting to say in our case hopefully all has been resolved through Royal & our TA, all working tirelessly to help us. But the fact that all of it hapened not once but twice and took 4 days to resolve is very frustrating, especially since we sail in 3 days. Here's to hoping the cruise itself has no issues. Good luck to everyone else.

Just posting to say in our case hopefully all has been resolved through Royal & our TA, all working tirelessly to help us. But the fact that all of it hapened not once but twice and took 4 days to resolve is very frustrating, especially since we sail in 3 days. Here's to hoping the cruise itself has no issues. Good luck to everyone else.

I am glad to hear it was resolved!! Hopefully they gave you something extra for your troubles!!

I think they were saying that the drink package was $49 a day plus they would have to pay for Internet which is around $82 dollars for the week. And with the sip and stream it was only $48 a day for everything so I think she saving about $100 with taxes and everything. I did the same thing, but I contacted customer service to change it. I think I might be glad I did.��

BUT since I reread the last entry after a cup of coffee, I see where it wouldn't have been a good choice for you!!

CORRECT! First we booked drink package at $396.48 (includes 18% grats) and VOOM at $83.93 = $480.41

We cancelled that and booked Sip & Stream at $392.39, which included drink pkg and VOOM.

We saved $88.02 per person, which is higher than the original VOOM price.

CORRECT! First we booked drink package at $396.48 (includes 18% grats) and VOOM at $83.93 = $480.41

We cancelled that and booked Sip & Stream at $392.39, which included drink pkg and VOOM.

We saved $88.02 per person, which is higher than the original VOOM price.

You should have read the fine print about having your cruise cancelled.

• 1 year later...

I hate to say this... I really do... But the same thing just happened to me! I am beyond frustrated and didn't know about this a full day after I got the email! I will be sending off an email to my TA asap and call first thing Monday morning!

You guessed it, I cancelled my Deluxe + Voom package and rebooked it to take advantage of a better deal. And now my cruise reservation is gone and all my Cruise Planner reservations have been cancelled!

Just 3 weeks before our cruise!

I hate to say this... I really do... But the same thing just happened to me! I am beyond frustrated and didn't know about this a full day after I got the email! I will be sending off an email to my TA asap and call first thing Monday morning!

You guessed it, I cancelled my Deluxe + Voom package and rebooked it to take advantage of a better deal. And now my cruise reservation is gone and all my Cruise Planner reservations have been cancelled!

Oh no!! What cruise and was there a really steep discount offered? That’s terrible that this is still happening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was for 9/15 on Harmony. Just under 3 weeks. We leave in 2 weeks for Disney World and hope this can be resolved before we leave for that on 9/9.

I discovered this at about 1am Pacific time. Already called the 24hr number for our TA company, even though our TA is off on Sundays. Spoke to a representative and she looked over everything to see what the problem may be. I told her about this happening to a few other people here on Cruise Critic. She sent an ergent email to a lead and also told me to call tomorrow just to make sure.

I hate to say my ball of trouble is just rolling, but I am confident this will be resolved after reading what happened to the 4 or 5 other members this happened to. Both my TA will be hearing from me a lot until this is resolved. I expect everything to be put as it was and hoping to get some compensation for the new and fast growing headache that is forming from this. I will be respectful yet firm. As you can see I am already stressed from this, and yet before a relaxing vacation.

Wish me luck...

It was for 9/15 on Harmony. Just under 3 weeks. We leave in 2 weeks for Disney World and hope this can be resolved before we leave for that on 9/9.

I discovered this at about 1am Pacific time. Already called the 24hr number for our TA company, even though our TA is off on Sundays. Spoke to a representative and she looked over everything to see what the problem may be. I told her about this happening to a few other people here on Cruise Critic. She sent an ergent email to a lead and also told me to call tomorrow just to make sure.

I hate to say my ball of trouble is just rolling, but I am confident this will be resolved after reading what happened to the 4 or 5 other members this happened to. Both my TA will be hearing from me a lot until this is resolved. I expect everything to be put as it was and hoping to get some compensation for the new and fast growing headache that is forming from this. I will be respectful yet firm. As you can see I am already stressed from this, and yet before a relaxing vacation.

Wish me luck...

It happened to some others on Cruise Critic in early 2017.

If it's happening again now then it's a new bug with their totally awful website.

Hope you get it all straightened out. If it was cancelling the drinks package that caused it then it's just beyond embarassing from the Cruise Line.

First of all, I am really sorry this happened to you. We joke about Royal Caribbean's IT department, because, well, it is a joke. But this level of incompetence has me mad. I mean really mad. So, I'm being careful in what I write. How can I as a consumer rely on a company so skillful at ruining people's vacations?

I just checked, and my reservation is (so far) intact after rebooking the Voom Stream package. Maybe it has something to do with the drink package? Or maybe because I booked at the new price before deleting the one booked at a higher price. I had been looking at other reservations when I noticed the price had dropped substantially, before it was advertised. Not wanting to lose my previous 30% discount, I made sure the second one was in place before canceling the original order. I'm still waiting for the credit to show up on my card, though. The new one was immediately charged, but the credit - with an email confirmation date of 8/23 - is MIA.

On the phone now with TA. Was originally told that a glitch may have happed when altering the Cruise Planner, however, the cruise is over booked and we will have to wait for something to open up, even a category less than what we paid for. I didn't accept that and our TA agreed so she talked to a manager at Royal (probably with bookig) and this manager is also trying to say this wasn't Royal's fault and that this is the best they can do.

That went nowhere so our TA is talking with her supervisor to see how else we can tackle this with Royal.

That went nowhere so our TA is talking with her supervisor to see how else we can tackle this with Royal.

FYI - since the start of this thread, RCI redesigned the web site so you no longer have the ability to cancel a cruise online - just in case RCI throws out that accusation.

We may have gotten that cabin! A manager at our TA was working hard to get a balcony OV and got us one! We have a reservation back on board! She is a sweathears and devoted her day to us today. My assaigned TA also did a great job in raising hell to Royal.

I am ashamed with Royal in how they tried to defend themself. It seems they are working with us now but their initial response was to try to make it seem like this was our fault and that there was nothing they or we could do. I still find it odd how they made us wait to see if a held cabin with no money down to run out before we could get it, while they still had our full payment!

We weren't giving up, especially not after our last scheduled cruise had to be cancelled due to Hurricane Irma, which would've been on Allure and our first on Royal Caribbean.

We are still working with our TA to get an equal stateroom that we originally had before. She said she will keep her eyes open and I will too. There is also the matter of compensation for having our original stateroom cancelled and given away, as well as having to deal with all of this and the hours on the phone! Good thing I had today off!