Oceania Announces 180-Day World Cruise in 2019

LauraS

My TA told me to not expect to book segments until Sept of this year. They want to give those that want to sign up for the entire 180 day cruise plenty of opportunity to make reservations before the segmenters come in. She said they had difficulties with the 2018 cruise because people signed up for the 180 cruise a bit late, and O was then having to notify segementers that their chosen cabin was not available and to choose another one.

I think, and it is merely personal opinion, that the swing of some cruise lines to open up 2+ years advance bookings is creating unreasonable expectations by some cruisers. I'm sure Viking will accept any booking bitbob wants to make for 2019. He may have to wait for Oceania.

I have all of 2017 booked and an April 2018 cruise on Oceania booked. Beyond that there is a lot to figure out for me. This is about booking segments 2+ years in advance!!! :rolleyes:

My TA told me to not expect to book segments until Sept of this year. They want to give those that want to sign up for the entire 180 day cruise plenty of opportunity to make reservations before the segmenters come in. She said they had difficulties with the 2018 cruise because people signed up for the 180 cruise a bit late, and O was then having to notify segementers that their chosen cabin was not available and to choose another one.

I think, and it is merely personal opinion, that the swing of some cruise lines to open up 2+ years advance bookings is creating unreasonable expectations by some cruisers. I'm sure Viking will accept any booking bitbob wants to make for 2019. He may have to wait for Oceania.

I have all of 2017 booked and an April 2018 cruise on Oceania booked. Beyond that there is a lot to figure out for me. This is about booking segments 2+ years in advance!!! :rolleyes:

??? Don't get your reference to us wanting to book segments. We never said that. Simply told op he would have to wait

Viking? Not us

Do not get your post at all

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My TA is booking my friend and I tomorrow when bookings open! So excited! We plan to do the 161 day from Los Angeles to Miami. We've been to the Caribbean, Central America, Mexico and Panama Canal so didn't want to repeat that part.

This cruise has been a dream for many years, but I never thought it would really happen. I will be retiring 2 weeks before the cruise leaves and this will be my grand celebration. I was originally planning to work until July, 2019 but will now retire 6 months earlier. After this cruise, I will only need to go to South America in order to have seen quite a bit of the world.

My TA is booking my friend and I tomorrow when bookings open! So excited! We plan to do the 161 day from Los Angeles to Miami. We've been to the Caribbean, Central America, Mexico and Panama Canal so didn't want to repeat that part.

This cruise has been a dream for many years, but I never thought it would really happen. I will be retiring 2 weeks before the cruise leaves and this will be my grand celebration. I was originally planning to work until July, 2019 but will now retire 6 months earlier. After this cruise, I will only need to go to South America in order to have seen quite a bit of the world.

How exciting! God bless you in your retirement. May you enjoy a delightful journey - hopefully the first of many retirement adventures!

(That said - I am jealous!)

Donna:D

How exciting! God bless you in your retirement. May you enjoy a delightful journey - hopefully the first of many retirement adventures!

(That said - I am jealous!)

Donna:D

Thank you very much, Donna. I've been wanting to retire ever since I graduated from college and started my first job 26 years ago!! :')

I've been jealous of many of my now-retired coworkers for a long time, but soon enough it will be my turn to start doing all the things I've wanted to do but haven't found time for while working 2 jobs. I've enjoyed my career (labor & delivery nurse) but I love traveling even more. :ship: