Any reason an available cabin wouldn't show up on the website?

juliea344

When I recently booked a balcony cabin on the Vision, the website showed "nothing available" forward. I called RC and asked for a cabin forward on deck 7. She literally asked me if I had a preference since almost ALL of them were available! I picked the best one! (I think) :D

Lesson: Don't trust the website to accurately show which cabins are available! :mad:

I can tell you that I booked myself, my family and my boyfriends family on the anthem in Dec, Online you cannot see any rooms on the 10th deck as they aren't available, but when you call in they have rooms available to give you. The same went for the rooms i was looking for for my boyfriends brother and mother. They were able to find two rooms ( 1 inside accessible, and one balcony) on the same floor 5 doors down from each other, but those options weren't available when I looked online for them. Granted I spent an hour and a half on the phone with them trying to get this done, but I got it done within the price range I wanted.

Out of curiosity I looked at the UK site and while the cabin choices were the same, the price was $2000 USD higher!

I would call and double check that, I know the site has been really screwy lately. I actually have to change browsers to look at it now.

I am one also that hates RCCI website...it use to be at least you could put in a cabin number and see if it is available even when they didn't list it and many times it then would show up available. Now with the new site it is not worth messing with it when your ready to book call! I feel bad I have then on the phone a lot longer then I use to.

I am one also that hates RCCI website...it use to be at least you could put in a cabin number and see if it is available even when they didn't list it and many times it then would show up available. Now with the new site it is not worth messing with it when your ready to book call! I feel bad I have then on the phone a lot longer then I use to.

I've not tried this myself, but others have said that you can still enter a stateroom number on the website, but you have to initially choose to book two staterooms. Crazy.

I've not tried this myself, but others have said that you can still enter a stateroom number on the website, but you have to initially choose to book two staterooms. Crazy.

Bob

I just tried it and it does let you search for a cabin number if you book two cabins.

Beyond Crazy.......

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks ...if I have to do it that way let it be then. I just think it is so crazy that they have it that way.

Ok thanks ...if I have to do it that way let it be then. I just think it is so crazy that they have it that way.

I agree, I can't see the logic behind removing a capability that may increase the chances of someone booking a cruise.

Yes, I always need 2 cabins so it will let me search by number. It's still a pain in the neck though. If you're looking for 2 next to each other you have to check a hundred combinations. I've never sailed Carnival but I have looked for prices on their website. It's so much easier, they show you cabins close to each other. On RCI they'll show me 2 cabins 3 or 4 decks away from each other.