Stuck in late dining

Scotico

Just noticed this when I logged in to my acct.....

Dining Preferences :

You have selected Traditional Dining - 08:30 PM. Celebrity Select Dining - (Wait List)

Does this mean I have to dine at 8:30 or can I switch to select dining when I get on-board?

Just noticed this when I logged in to my acct.....

Dining Preferences :

You have selected Traditional Dining - 08:30 PM. Celebrity Select Dining - (Wait List)

Does this mean I have to dine at 8:30 or can I switch to select dining when I get on-board?

Call now and change your dining if you're able to or log onto your acct again and see if you can make the change there.

If you made the reservations directly with Celebrity you can do it, if you used a TA, they will have to do it.

Select dining is very popular, so there is no guarantee you would be able to do this once you board.

It appears that select dining is full, but you may be able to request to change your dining assignment once on board. After check in, go immediately to the MDR and request to speak with one of the dining room managers. They will make lists of the passengers' requests to change dining times. Plan to sit at the late seating the first night, as changes are often not made until the second day of the cruise. If you are also open to the early seating that may give you another option if select is completely full. Good luck.

Do they check your card if you have select dining or can I just show up? I called my TA who informed me there is still a wait list.

You cant just show up for select if you have been assigned an early or late dinner seating in the MDR. There is a table reserved for you in that area.

For select dining they have a master list at the ma?tre d' station and do ask for your cabin # when you ask for a table.

We are also stuck with late dining and wait listed for Celebrity Select and we don't leave until September. Have not done late dining in probably our last 25 or so cruises. I will try to get it changed once on board and will even take early dining as long as we can get it changed.

We are also stuck with late dining and wait listed for Celebrity Select and we don't leave until September. Have not done late dining in probably our last 25 or so cruises. I will try to get it changed once on board and will even take early dining as long as we can get it changed.

That may not even be necessary, since you are already wait listed for Select so far in advance.

If you just keep checking your reservation about once a month, you may be pleasantly surprised one day to see that your dining category is shown as Select.

That is what happened to us a few times when we were wait listed. They didn't notify us when it changed. We only found out because we happened to look at our reservation online.

You cant just show up for select if you have been assigned an early or late dinner seating in the MDR. There is a table reserved for you in that area.

For select dining they have a master list at the ma?tre d' station and do ask for your cabin # when you ask for a table.

Indeed they do. But I wonder how accurate X's record keeping is or how accurate my understanding of their system is. When we book a suite or even an Aqua cabin, we always have been assigned Select dining, even though we most likely will dine in Luminae or Blu. My question is: does this mean a select space is still being held for us in the MDR or does it mean only that we can dine in Blu or Luminae at any time we choose? If it's the former, there should be ample space in Select MDR, I would guess, so it must be the latter :)

Indeed they do. But I wonder how accurate X's record keeping is or how accurate my understanding of their system is. When we book a suite or even an Aqua cabin, we always have been assigned Select dining, even though we most likely will dine in Luminae or Blu. My question is: does this mean a select space is still being held for us in the MDR or does it mean only that we can dine in Blu or Luminae at any time we choose? If it's the former, there should be ample space in Select MDR, I would guess, so it must be the latter :)

Because of the crazy computer system that they use, they have to put either early, late, or select as your dining time.

In a suite, your dining room is Luminae, so yes, you can go there whenever you want to dine and they will seat you.

Blu is an option for suite guests, but that is dependent on availability. On evenings you would like to dine in Blu, I would ask your butler to make those arrangements for you.

We are in the PH this July on the Summit, and again in Jan '19 and both of our reservations say we have early seating, doesn't mean anything.

As a matter of fact, we are traveling with people in 2 Sky suites in July and everyones dining had to be changed in the system to the same time in order to have our reservations linked together, even though we all will be dining in Luminae or specialty venues.

Odd, antiquated system they have at Celebrity!

After 20+ years of always choosing 1st seating traditional dining (prefer over Select for same waiter/table) we made the switch to 2nd seating a few cruises back and really enjoy it.

Eating late means we don't have to rush back and change after a long day in port, and even grab a 5pm snack without fear of ruining our dinner. It is also less crowded which has enabled us to regularly score a two-top by a window. Finally, on X the shows are at 7 and 9 pm. Dining early left us with over 1 1/2 hours to kill between dinner and show, while late seating permits us to see a show at 7 and still have time to run back to the cabin and change for dinner.