Sparkling wine exchange????

grumpwun

I thought I read in one of the threads where someone said that you could exchange the complimentary bottle of sparkling wine in a C class stateroom in the MDR for a bottle of wine. If the bottle lists for more you pay the difference. Any truth in this.

BTW. I have the beverage package so do not need to exchange, but it would be nice since I don't care for sparkling wine.

Neither one of us drinks so we exchanged our bottle for three large bottles of water. The cabin guy had to check will his boss who finally agreed. Seems to me to be a no brainer for the ship but I'm sure there are reasons.

J.

We sail in Aqua class and have taken our bottle to Blu on several occasions and have never had any troubles exchanging it for something else (more expensive). We usually travel with family, so do the exchange several times through the cruise. I've never tried to exchange more than one bottle at a time....doubt that would fly.

We've not tried in the MDR tho.

My suggestion.....ask politely and smile! :D

We have been turned down by the room steward. So what we do is talk to the sommelier in the MDR. On the first or second night, we mention it to him/her and ask if there is something we could exchange it for. We have always been told yes. We are told to bring it along on the next night and we pick out something comparable.

I can't remember if we were given an actual dollar amount credit for the C level bottle. I know we have when exchanging a bottle from our TA left in our cabin. ( We don't drink red)

We have been turned down by the room steward. So what we do is talk to the sommelier in the MDR. On the first or second night, we mention it to him/her and ask if there is something we could exchange it for. We have always been told yes. We are told to bring it along on the next night and we pick out something comparable.

I can't remember if we were given an actual dollar amount credit for the C level bottle. I know we have when exchanging a bottle from our TA left in our cabin. ( We don't drink red)

Exactly what we do....and we either get a $28 credit towards another bottle of wine...or they exchange it for a house red/white wine. Just remember that they really aren't supposed to do this....so ask, don't demand...they are doing you a favor.

When I first read the headline for this post, I thought maybe this was a new thing to do for the Connections party, like a magnet exchange, but even better! Bring a bottle of your favourite fizz and swap with a fellow cruiser. :D

Now that I've read further, I'm a little bit sad that I misunderstood. ;)

When I first read the headline for this post, I thought maybe this was a new thing to do for the Connections party, like a magnet exchange, but even better! Bring a bottle of your favourite fizz and swap with a fellow cruiser. :D

Now that I've read further, I'm a little bit sad that I misunderstood. ;)

LOL! If I were to go to a fizz exchange and brought my favorite....I would likely drink it before the exchange was over! Good thing we are allowed to bring TWO bottle onboard!

That being said.....a wine swap is actually a GREAT idea!

We exchange ours recently. We had our butler send it down to Luminea and were given a credit against any wine or drinks we wished. We had first checked with the Sommelier and he said - no problem.

We have also had our butler swap for a bottle of Chardonnay as we do not enjoy the bubbly.

Just got off the Summit. Was in CC and never got our bottle. Kept asking our room steward who kept telling us it's coming but it never did. First time this has happened to us. It's usually sitting in the room on ice when we board. We didn't complain but found it strange. BTW the sommelier at our table was clueless and swamped. Ran around crazy busy. Just not enough help in the MDR anymore. Sad to watch them try and provide good service with so many to serve.