Where should we leave our car????

avamarie98

We are driving to NYC and leaving on the Jade in October. We will disembark in Miami and fly back to NYC. We want to drive down the night before. We usually park at the pier but I'm not sure that is going to work this time. I am trying to find a park and fly hotel where we could leave the car but have no idea which one would work best.

Does anyone have experience doing this? It doesn't seem particularly unusual but it is different for us and I haven't been able to figure out what to do.

We stayed at Red Roof Inn Plus Miami airport. $120- for the night with up to 14 days free parking in a secured lot, shuttle to pier, plus breakfast. The hotel was clean where it needed to be clean and comfortable where it needed to be comfortable.

Safe sailing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

We stayed at Red Roof Inn Plus Miami airport. $120- for the night with up to 14 days free parking in a secured lot, shuttle to pier, plus breakfast. The hotel was clean where it needed to be clean and comfortable where it needed to be comfortable.

Safe sailing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

That doesn't help much since OP want to park in NYC.

The Hilton Garden In in RIdgeway NJ has a "park, ride and cruise" package. Not sure about Park and Fly...but you can park there for any length of your cruise, they take you to the cruise port and pick you up. However if you are simply flying back you could get "Rapid Rover" to take you from the airport back to the hotel to get your car. We have a room booked there for the night before our cruise in Jan. Here's a link.

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/new-jersey/hilton-garden-inn-ridgefield-park-LGARPGI/offers/100077011.htm

We are driving to NYC and leaving on the Jade in October. We will disembark in Miami and fly back to NYC. We want to drive down the night before. We usually park at the pier but I'm not sure that is going to work this time. I am trying to find a park and fly hotel where we could leave the car but have no idea which one would work best.

Does anyone have experience doing this? It doesn't seem particularly unusual but it is different for us and I haven't been able to figure out what to do.

It probably depends on which airport you are flying into in NYC - if it's LaGuardia or JFK it doesn't really make any sense to leave your car in NJ. It would make more sense to find a place in NY.

If it's Newark, then staying/parking in NJ would make sense.

We are driving to NYC and leaving on the Jade in October. We will disembark in Miami and fly back to NYC. We want to drive down the night before. We usually park at the pier but I'm not sure that is going to work this time. I am trying to find a park and fly hotel where we could leave the car but have no idea ...
You will be better off posing this under East Coast Departure where there are lots of localized expertise to help look up options ... assumed you haven't book airline tickets yet, please make sure you add in ALL the ground travel costs, airport transfers & overnight hotel lodging expenses, etc.

How many are traveling for this 11 nighters, how much luggage (in other words, are you packing & traveling light or bring everything but the kitchen sink, any mobility issues or special needs, etc.) - preference for airlines or don't matter.

Basically, no plans to sightsee - just arrive evening/night before from upstate NY, place to sleep & maybe a dinner nearby, parking & store the car for 12 days (easy/close enough to the airport on the return) ... and drive home to upstate NY late in the day/evening ?? Hotel budget - frugal, tourist class or just clean, comfortable, 1 or 2 beds, etc.

For NJ, there are some park-n-drive, including extended stay at "no extra charges" already factored into the package price (one mentioned above seemed to get mixed reviews lately ??) if using EWR for return. Otherwise, most MIA nonstop would fly into JFK as I do not recommend LGA personally (although it's closest to us) except hotels around there are not "nice" either. Off-airport parking by JFK will run about $20 daily w. discount & taxes vs. $30 for long-term A/P with free shuttle to terminal.

Again, I highly suggest moving into East Coast Deparuture & post a new one with more details about what you are looking for in mind, then, folks can jump in to help. Regards !

try

http://parkstaycruise.com/manhattan-nyc-stay-park-and-cruise-hotels.html