Strange Thread Inputs--"Hi Everyone..."

cluso

Well, I'm still confused. Is it Celebrity generating these random posts or Cruise Critic? I very much object to someone posting something to a roll call in my name! Without my consent.

We've got a ton of these random posts on our current roll call. Have never heard anything further from these people.

So, Cruise Critic, if it's you doing this, PLEASE STOP!

I doubt seriously that Celebrity's website is sophisticated enough to do this, but who knows???

• Administrators

Hello Everyone:

These posts aren't randomly generated; they are created when an actual person visits one of the webpages created for Roll Calls which are linked on the Find Your Roll Call tool. There's a simple button called "I'm Sailing!" and it posts for them.

The thought is that they will then begin receiving Notifications from the thread, and hopefully join in the discussion.

I've asked that the information posted be changed so that you know what they are. We will look into whether this feature is accomplishing our goal.

Thank you for your patience,

Laura

I used to visit rollcalls I wasn't sailing in, sometimes to post some general information I have learned, once in a while I would go to the cruise following the one I am sailing on to offer to answer any questions. I have ceased doing this since Cruise Critic began generating emails to me as if I was actually sailing on those cruises. Please Cruise Critic, stop generating those emails.

I genrally keep a roll call on the cruises that I go on. I do NOT post those types of messages on my lists now. I need a real first name and a geographic location before I post the new list. I NEVER ask or want last names or cabin #'s. That is a potential opening for whoever. Hope CC doesn't keep these messages coming. They are confusing to those of us who do keep a list.

Thanks,

Phil.............floridacruisers

Laura, thanks for your reply. As I understand it, I would have to push the I'm Sailing button to generate one of these posts? Then I'm OK with it. I was just uncomfortable with random posts from me showing up on CC. I do visit other roll calls (for sailings I'm not on) from time to time.

As to roll call lists and personal information, I also keep a private roll call for each sailing I'm on. People may share their names, cabin numbers, e-mail, etc. This is kept in a spreadsheet and NEVER published on the internet. It is e-mailed to those who have provided their information. Very useful to know how to find people on the ship and to send pictures after the cruise.

Hello Everyone:

These posts aren't randomly generated; they are created when an actual person visits one of the webpages created for Roll Calls which are linked on the Find Your Roll Call tool. There's a simple button called "I'm Sailing!" and it posts for them.

The thought is that they will then begin receiving Notifications from the thread, and hopefully join in the discussion.

I've asked that the information posted be changed so that you know what they are. We will look into whether this feature is accomplishing our goal.

Laura

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your explanation, but in my opinion this button is not really accomplishing anything, but creates confusions when one is on the wrong roll call page...it post automatically an introduction when pushed..

Take it out..is my suggestion

Rose

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I agree Laura, take the option away. If someone wants to post in the roll call they will. Rarely do the "I'm sailing" posts generate further conversation. Meanwhile, people are making name tags, adding them to the spreadsheet, greeting them, and if by chance they do post on the roll call, they are often upset that an automatic post was made in their name.

...I alerted Celebrity a few weeks ago--no response....

Celebrity has no direct involvement in this forum or with Cruise Critic operation and management in general. While this subject of this forum is Celebrity Cruise Line, it is run by Cruise Critic and not Celebrity.

If you have a problem with something on Cruise Critic then you should contact Cruise Critic at the email address at the bottom of this page.

If you just want to report a post to the attention of the Cruise Critic moderators for a breach of rules or any other impropriety then click the little blue triangle with the exclamation mark on it - located in the upper right hand corner of the post's margin.next to the thread post count (the first post in a thread is always #1).

Hello Everyone:

Laura

Hi, Laura --

I have a suggestion for while this is being studied:

Maybe the auto-generated posts should have a disclaimer at the top saying that the message was generated by Cruise Critic to welcome the poster to your sailing.

Jane