Dancing on the Rotterdam

Has anyone been onboard the Rotterdam recently - The last few months ? my Husband and I are social ballroom, country western, and Carolina shag dancers We were recently on the Eurodam and were so disappointed by the amount of dancing music available. Lots of listening music but very little dancing we are planning a cruise on the Rotterdam next February for 14 days and want to make sure there will be dancing available it seems Holland America is doing away with their Neptune and HALcat bands which usually provide most of the dancing music We would like to know if there was dancing available in the ocean bar on a regular basis thanks so much

Has anyone been onboard the Rotterdam recently - The last few months ? my Husband and I are social ballroom, country western, and Carolina shag dancers We were recently on the Eurodam and were so disappointed by the amount of dancing music available. Lots of listening music but very little dancing we are planning a cruise on the Rotterdam next February for 14 days and want to make sure there will be dancing available it seems Holland America is doing away with their Neptune and HALcat bands which usually provide most of the dancing music We would like to know if there was dancing available in the ocean bar on a regular basis thanks so much

I can't help you right now, but we will be on at the end of March. I will be doing a live thread, so if you want to remind me on it with the question (in case I forget), I will be certain to answer the question on my live thread.

hope this helps.

My DH and I were ballroom dancers. Without my beloved partner, I don't dance on HAL cruises anymore, but I have to say that when I pass BB Kings Blues Club their music sets my feet remembering what they used to love. I'd say that would be your best bet on board.

My DH and I were ballroom dancers. Without my beloved partner, I don't dance on HAL cruises anymore, but I have to say that when I pass BB Kings Blues Club their music sets my feet remembering what they used to love. I'd say that would be your best bet on board.

Agree, the BB King group's music can be infectious! Sometimes, we singles have been known to dance singly or together when they are playing. The group on the Rotterdam this July/August played a fabulous Proud Mary!

Agree, the BB King group's music can be infectious! Sometimes, we singles have been known to dance singly or together when they are playing. The group on the Rotterdam this July/August played a fabulous Proud Mary!

Also love the BB King groups. It is refreshing to listen to music on HAL that was actually written after the 40s. When on the Zuiderdam (in Europe) last August, we had a terrific crowd of younger Europeans (mostly teens) that really go into dancing to the BB King music. The band quickly adjusted their music selections and played mostly old disco music (think Donna Summer) which kept that dance floor packed and jumping. It was a wonderful change to be on a HAL cruise that had a jumping crowd after 10! One could have still gone to another lounger to dance to the usual hits from the 40s....but they would have found it empty.

Hank

Also love the BB King groups. It is refreshing to listen to music on HAL that was actually written after the 40s. When on the Zuiderdam (in Europe) last August, we had a terrific crowd of younger Europeans (mostly teens) that really go into dancing to the BB King music. The band quickly adjusted their music selections and played mostly old disco music (think Donna Summer) which kept that dance floor packed and jumping. It was a wonderful change to be on a HAL cruise that had a jumping crowd after 10! One could have still gone to another lounger to dance to the usual hits from the 40s....but they would have found it empty.

Hank

"Old" disco music; but still 'oh so good'! My group even played Gloria Gaynor's I'll Survive. I recently asked a HAL Piano Bar entertainer to play that song. His reaction? You would have thought that my best friends were Neanderthals. (I left the Lounge and somehow never could find time to return.)

We were on Rotterdam in December, never went to Ocean Bar but the Crows Nest had a great BB King band and the place was a lot of fun with lots of dancing. Off subject but we loved the Rotterdam!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

"Old" disco music; but still 'oh so good'! My group even played Gloria Gaynor's I'll Survive. I recently asked a HAL Piano Bar entertainer to play that song. His reaction? You would have thought that my best friends were Neanderthals. (I left the Lounge and somehow never could find time to return.)

DW still loves "Its Raining Men." And I should have mentioned (in our prior post) that we have nearly 500 days on HAL and our seniors. But even though I love all kinds of music, listening to Glenn Miller stuff (played by electronic keyboards( is not going to make me smile. And we would agree that "I'll Survive" is a fun song...although many of our HAL friends do not want to hear anything written (or recorded) after 1950.

HAL management made a good decision when they gambled on the BB King concept. The HAL Cats are now history (we say good riddance) but the BB King Groups seem to pack them in on many cruises....while the old fashioned HAL music venues are generally empty. That being said, we do also love the Classical Music....but the old dance band stuff has a limited audience (sorry to those that love that stuff).

Hank